Headlight upgrade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
    What do you mean R1 style?

The R1 projectors are the same as pretty much any other projectors, unless they're bi-xenon and I dont know it...
    2009-2011 R1's......
    The Yamaha R1 has it all: projector headlights with electronically-controlled internal reflectors to change them from high to low beam,
    Read MCN's full expert review of the cross plane 2009 Yamaha R1 for engine spec, performance, accessories, price and more.

I don't think they are HID's, but the concept is similar ad might work for OP's needs.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
      2009-2011 R1's......

Read MCN's full expert review of the cross plane 2009 Yamaha R1 for engine spec, performance, accessories, price and more.

I don't think they are HID's, but the concept is similar ad might work for OP's needs.
      Ah, most people dont count those as a bike. Fat pigs...I forgot how nice they look.

So you want vertically stacked headlights like the old Ducatis...take the gsxr light and retrofit a projector into the high beam...done
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i really like that gsxr set up would look nice on my 97
        1997 KAT 600 PROJECT

Comment

If you want it vert, why not build your own bracket and mount up some of those projectors to that? I've seen some pretty sweet homeade ones including one dude that had 3 lights. He used those thinner rectangle lights running an H3 bulb. I think they sell them as fog lights at like walmart or whatever. Anyways, looke pretty sick. I can't remember if he upgraded the h3's in those to HID's or not.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I got two projectors in route. They should be here sometime next week. When they get here I plan to take a good look and see how they can be sealed from the front. If I can manage to seal them then I will probably make 2 individual round housing from some solid chunk of aluminum. Kinda egg shaped I guess. And have a bracket from the upper tripple to the bottom tripple.

Comment

You want those projectors behind some glass and out of the weather. I'd start thinking about an enclosure... like a headlight bucket.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                You want those projectors behind some glass and out of the weather. I'd start thinking about an enclosure... like a headlight bucket.
                Absolutely. Otherwise you're going to be replacing them VERY quickly. I'd make a steel enclosure then some nice plexi on the front.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Can glass, plexiglass, or lexan be glued somehow to aluminum. I could order 2 extra glass lenses for these projectors and use that for my headlight bucket lenses.

Last thing I want to do is trash these projectors. I payed good money for em.

Comment

Originally posted by 92GSX750 View Post
                    Can glass, plexiglass, or lexan be glued somehow to aluminum. I could order 2 extra glass lenses for these projectors and use that for my headlight bucket lenses.

Last thing I want to do is trash these projectors. I payed good money for em.
                    Quite a few epoxies out there that will fit the bill.

Since you're going the streetfighter route I'd go for the upside down teardrop look, then stack the projectors accordingly. Line the housing with LEDs and have them flash on either said as extra turn signals

Comment

Working...
                    X