X

Confused

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused

I have a 1996 katana 600 that is getting no spark to my plugs. I have replaced both coil packs and the cdi box. The pick-up coil was also tested n is showing to b good. What could possibly be the reason why I m getting no spark?

Check voltage at the coils with the ignition turned on. (Unplug one wire from each coil.) You should have 11-12 volts on one wire at each coil. The other wire goes to the CDI box and is connected to ground intermittently through there.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thnks, I will try tht. This problem has been plagueing me for 4 mnths. If I m nor gettn the required voltage, then where do I gofrom there?

Comment

Originally posted by Destermyer View Post
        Thnks, I will try tht. This problem has been plagueing me for 4 mnths. If I m nor gettn the required voltage, then where do I gofrom there?

Use a volt meter to back track the in/out of the voltage until you find the point it's dropping.

For example... check the V at the coils on the orange/white wire. If nothing there, trace that back to the Ignition box, check out there... If you out there, but not at the coils, then you would know you have a break somewhere in the wire between.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
          X