Changing instrument globes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing instrument globes

Hi from Australia,

I'm looking for some knowleageable advice on how to access the globes in the tacho/speedo instruments on a 2006 GSX750F (same as Katana of course but we don't call them that in Oz) as I have a blown globe (and no manual) and am trying to avoid trial and error access! I expect someone has posted before but I couldn't find it. Any knowledge (even helpful speculation) will be appreciated.

By the way, I did the valves last week, what a time consuming process getting all that mechanical gear out of the way!

Cheers from Canberra, Australia
    PS: President Obama is here tomorrow, do you think he wants me to pick him up on the 750?

Thanks scottynoface for the high-side option for President BO, but I had the displeasure of face planting off my Honda dirt bike just 2 days ago - I think I will give it a miss today and possibly wait until my cracked shoulder is good again!

Now, does anyone have a solution to my 'how to get at the instrument globes' question?

Cheers from Oz.

Oops, I see DayKat posted it. Well thanks to everyone all the time anyway!
    Last edited by Aussie Beero; 11-15-2011, 01:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Beero View Post
      Hi from Australia,

I'm looking for some knowleageable advice on how to access the globes in the tacho/speedo instruments on a 2006 GSX750F (same as Katana of course but we don't call them that in Oz) as I have a blown globe (and no manual) and am trying to avoid trial and error access! I expect someone has posted before but I couldn't find it. Any knowledge (even helpful speculation) will be appreciated.

You should be able to access them by removing the windshield. Once that is removed, follow the wires. The ends are just rubber boots that plug into the back of the intrument pannel. Once you pull the boots out, you will see the bulb right there to replace.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

This thread has been edited to remove the political content.

Thanks Krey for answering the OP's quesiton.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Good job with the editing

Comment

On a '06 you have to remove the instrument cluster and open it up to replace the bulbs.
            2000 Katana 600
            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Thanks Astro4X4 & Krey, the older model seems much easier to change.

President Obama's motorcade just went past my building in Canberra - those Cadillacs are BIG, even bigger than a Goldwing!

Comment

What size are the replacements? Probably going to switch to LED (used wled x5 on the gs500e and they are incredibly bright)... Just need to know the base.

Comment

Working...
                X