Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

can anyone point out the exact location of the "fan connector"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone point out the exact location of the "fan connector"?

for the cali fans on a Post 98? I want to use this as a power source for the GPS.

I suspect where it is, on the right side by the front of the frame, but... not sure exactly.

anybody got a pic or whatnot?

See My Garage for mods...
    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Since nobody else has answered, I'll take a shot with the proviso that I've never owned a post-98 bike or a Cali model. As I remember from another post on here a couple of years ago, it's down low, on the right side.

You'd probably do better looking for an accessory connection up by the headlight. The pre bikes had a pair of unused connectors on the right side, next to the headlight. (Brown and green IIRC.) A ground wire and a switched hot wire. Those'd be perfect for powering a GPS if your bike has them.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

That's exactly where it is on the pre. Should be the same on the post.
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

there is a connection with two cables on the right side on the post. near the stabilisator bar. not sure what its for.
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
          there is a connection with two cables on the right side on the post. near the stabilisator bar. not sure what its for.
          Mine has one as well and is a power cable that is on with ignition. I use it to power my heated handle bar grips

Comment

Did you find the plug you were looking for? You mean for the little fan that blows onto or away from the carbs, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnjonsdaddy View Post
              Did you find the plug you were looking for? You mean for the little fan that blows onto or away from the carbs, right?
              Yup, that's the connector. I'd take a pic of mine, but the bike is on one side of the country and I'm on the other until tomorrow night.

Comment

When I removed mine, it just had a little 2 wire black plug that plugged in on the left side of the bike just below where the tank and seat meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnjonsdaddy View Post
                  When I removed mine, it just had a little 2 wire black plug that plugged in on the left side of the bike just below where the tank and seat meet.
                  Thats where it was on my pre 98 600 as well.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

thanks for the ideas, I'll look next time the fairings are off..

See My Garage for mods...
                    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                      this is the one I used for my power supplt.
                      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                        power Supply

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                          het I was next doot
                          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
                            thanks for the ideas, I'll look next time the fairings are off..

Comment

I had one on the left just below the tank towards the seat. It was an unused female plug. But is hot even when the bike's off....i think there's a joke in there somewhere.
                              2004 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                              X