X

Irregular blinker speed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irregular blinker speed?

My left blinker functions as it should, but my right blinker doesn't blink at a static rate, it goes: "blink......blink.....blink.blink.....blink.....bl ink.....blink.blink" hopefully you guys will understand what I mean, any ideas?

ps. I think it might have something to do with RPMs, (it blinks quicker at higher RPMs) if possible, but it's tough to tell.
    Sweet Lincoln's Mullet

Bad ground or electrical connection. If the left works fine, the right should as well.

Something else to look at is the bulb. It needs to be the same bulbs on the left. If it is different, it may not pull enough amperage and cause the erratic or fast blinking.

Comment

yeah, pull one bulb out and it will really go nuts.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcssls View Post
        yeah, pull one bulb out and it will really go nuts.
        Or install LED"s without the right flasher unit. My wife's Ninja is like this, but the flashing isn't too fast and really draws your attention to it, so I left it for now.

Comment

If you have aftermarket (typically led) signals you might need to install a turn signal resistor. Mine blink faster than stock now, but I prefer it that way. If you are still running stock everything, id listen to red kat.

EDIT: guess I was one second too late

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
            If you have aftermarket (typically led) signals you might need to install a turn signal resistor. Mine blink faster than stock now, but I prefer it that way. If you are still running stock everything, id listen to red kat.

EDIT: guess I was one second too late
            or install an electronic flasher, rather than using the resistance to heat up a bimetal spring to set flash rate it sets itself without reading resistance
            sigpic

Comment

+1 on the loose electrical connection - I've just put my fairings back on after a service. Before I put them on, when turning on the turn signals (either side) they flashed really quickly before I put the fairings back on with the front signals reconnected. They then flashed at the correct regular and slower speed.

So it might just be something as simple as a bad connector or loose wire.
              My country is the world...... my religion is to do good.

Comment

Working...
              X