No announcement yet.
X

Put tested/charged battery back in...now NOTHING

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so......who wants to be the first to call me an idiot?? "Your an idiot!" Too late...I win....

Drum roll please......

Turns out.....it was a loose negative battery connection.

Starter is fine....battery is fine....traced the negative wire back and it was loose...she fired right up. Even took her for a stroll once I got her all buttoned back up.

I still have other issues with her, but they aren't new...I've had them since I bought it back in April. I'll be doing some forum searches to see if I can figure them out..

Thanks again for all the advice guys!! I really appreciate it!!

DLW
    1994 Black Kat 600

Comment

Originally posted by DLW View Post
      Ok so......who wants to be the first to call me an idiot?? "Your an idiot!" Too late...I win....

Drum roll please......

Turns out.....it was a loose negative battery connection.

Starter is fine....battery is fine....traced the negative wire back and it was loose...she fired right up. Even took her for a stroll once I got her all buttoned back up.

I still have other issues with her, but they aren't new...I've had them since I bought it back in April. I'll be doing some forum searches to see if I can figure them out..

Thanks again for all the advice guys!! I really appreciate it!!

DLW
      dang it. i wanted to be first. glad you got it.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

we all have made silly mistakes.... it comes with the nature.
        "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
        2004 marauder 800

Comment

The best thing is you listened to advice and checked things yourself. You didn't have to pay a shop to fix your bike and you learned something for free. Twas a good day.

Comment

Just want to add that fixing a loose ground wire brought my Kat back to life as well. This time it was the thinner "electronics" ground rather than the starter ground. I replaced it with a butt splice and she's back to life!

Also I used the search instead of making a new thread! Two victories at once!

Comment

Originally posted by insta View Post
              Just want to add that fixing a loose ground wire brought my Kat back to life as well. This time it was the thinner "electronics" ground rather than the starter ground. I replaced it with a butt splice and she's back to life!

Also I used the search instead of making a new thread! Two victories at once!

Comment

Just a little side note. The first time I jumped my Kat I did it from my car with the engine running...ended up melting the negative terminal on the battery. My poor kat was not going anywhere that day, and I learned how NOT to jump a kat.

Comment

Working...
                X