X

CDI Wiring connector/colors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDI Wiring connector/colors

Help! I don't have a Kat, I have a '86 GS550. I bought a CDI for a '92 Kat 600. I need to know what positions the wires going into the back of the connectors are. The CDI has a 4 pin connector and a 6 pin connector. I'm going to rewire the 550's connector to mate with the Kat's since they both have the same number of wires oging into each connector. I'm hoping the updated CDI won't burn out as often as the used 550's I'm getting.

Are you sure that the one from the Kat will work? Are they the same part number?

Comment

Originally posted by xtremek View Post
      Help! I don't have a Kat, I have a '86 GS550. I bought a CDI for a '92 Kat 600. I need to know what positions the wires going into the back of the connectors are. The CDI has a 4 pin connector and a 6 pin connector. I'm going to rewire the 550's connector to mate with the Kat's since they both have the same number of wires oging into each connector. I'm hoping the updated CDI won't burn out as often as the used 550's I'm getting.

Got a few wiring diagrams around here with just that info....

first link after a search...

Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The part numbers aren't the same. But they are basically the same motor and they have similar signal generators. I found the diagram you linked to. What I need is to know what positions in each connector what colors are at/in so that I can rearrange my harness to match the kat CDI. A good picture would work. Please help, the weather's gorgeous and I want to ride before it gets really cold. Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by xtremek View Post
          The part numbers aren't the same. But they are basically the same motor and they have similar signal generators. I found the diagram you linked to. What I need is to know what positions in each connector what colors are at/in so that I can rearrange my harness to match the kat CDI. A good picture would work. Please help, the weather's gorgeous and I want to ride before it gets really cold. Thanks guys

If you match your diagram up with the Kat, that should give you the color match up. The diagrams should show all the wires by proper postion on the plugs... so first far right should match between both bikes as for what position in the plugs it is...

but I'll try to remember to get a pic of the 93 750 I have with the harness out for you tonight.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks Krey, I owe you big. If you're ever in my neck of the woods, the roads and then the first drink is on me! I think I still need the pics.

Comment

Large pic so you can see better...

Hope it helps.

For orientation, the is from the "back side" of the ICM.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
              X