X

pre front turn signals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre front turn signals

this may be a dumb question but i don't no....

what are the stoke turn signals for the front of a pre 750? my bike never had them when i bought it and when i look at pics of them, there are 2 different styles that i see. the flush mount, and the ones that stick out of the hole a few inches..

i would like to get some flush mounts but i don't know if they were stoke and how hard it would be to mount them if they weren't? or were i would have to get them?
    if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

As far as i know the stock pre 98 stick out of the fairing. I just bought a set of flush mount and screwed to fairing. Wasn't hard. I prefer the flush look.

Comment

Originally posted by SPUNKNLAZY View Post
      As far as i know the stock pre 98 stick out of the fairing. I just bought a set of flush mount and screwed to fairing. Wasn't hard. I prefer the flush look.
      +1 pre stick out. You can pick up some flush mount on ebay pretty cheap that are large enough to cover the hole in the plastic.
      When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

I bought a set of newer GSXR mirrors with the intergrated signals on the back side of the mirror. The spacing is adjustable for the mounting and looks way nicer than the stock mirrors. I have just held them in place on my bike, about to mount them tomorrow.

Comment

pics if you do mount them! i would like to go that rought also.. i just thought it would be easy to get flush mounts hooked up then down the road start playing with that sice i have one mirror hooked up to my clutch lever (i bought a perch that can mount a mirror too it)

Comment

I never liked bar mounted mirrors...i find they get in the way and take away from the ergonomics of the bike.

I went the intergrated mirror/signal route because A.) the mirrors on these bikes make them look like alien antennas! (notice the alien looks like a katana..lol)

and B.) one of my mirrors was broken along with the signal for that side.

I will forsure upload picts...look for them on the weekend.

I can say for certain its going to be major improvement for the front end styling. Just holding them inplace it looks way slick!

I think the flush mounted signals also are illegal depending on where you ride...(need to have certain spacing between them ) and people that remove the mirrors all together may choose this option.. I know as i found out about the spacing rule when taking my bike for the safety inspection...mine failed because i removed the rear signals and put in a different style (need 8'' space between the rears here where i live) so i put the stock ones back on for the safety and then took them off once it passed
            Last edited by 88kat-rider; 09-27-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

i only have a bar mounted mirror cus i am curently riding without fairings lol... i will eventually get regular fairing mount mirrors when i have fairings on and will probably go the same rout as you with the integrated turn signals.

right now i have tiny little turn signals front and back that barly come out of the bike and it passed saftey so i dont think thats a problem here.. the real problem is that when i put my fairings on the front signals dont come out the hole enough to be seen... and i really would like them to be seen! lol

Comment

Working...
              X