X

ok you LED guys i need help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok you LED guys i need help!

ok, so ive tried and tried to get these things hooked up. i bought some led glo pods for my bike and when i hook them up to a switch, if the switch is on the lights are fine and come on, but the second i hit the switch off the wires start smoking!!!!. i need help, i am 100% sure the lights are hooked up right but how did you guys go about hooking up lights?

12 volt fused wire from battery to switch. 12 volt wire from switch to lights. Ground from lights to frame, NOT back to battery.

PS, this should be in wiring and electrical.

Comment

ill give her a try thanks

Comment

Did you figure out what the problem was?

Comment

no, i put a fuse on the positive wire in between the switch and the battery and it still smokes!

Comment

Maybe the switch is bad.. I have had that trouble back in my car audio days.. Hope that helps.
            Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Were you able to narrow down the smoking to a particular wire?

Comment

Sounds like either a spdt switch that is grounded on one side or you are getting a ground through the mounts.

Comment

it wasnt the switch i tried 3 different switches, and no i wasnt able to narrow it down to one wire. they got too hot too fast and they melted to my bike so i gave up. i guess ill get one of those plug n play light kits

Comment

I think something must be shorting or wired wrong. LED's use a very small amount of power. What gauge wire are you using?

Comment

Working...
                    X