Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this wire

Which one? I see a bunch of them.

Comment

The lone pair hanging down towards the carbs with nothing hooked up. Both yellow w/green stripe. One electrical taped.

Comment

I believe that is one of the saftey switches... the clutch switch perhaps?

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yellow/green is starter switch according to a Post wiring diagram....can't imagine it'd be much different for a Pre. Lemme see if I can find a Pre schematic.

Krey is right too: Goes from Starter switch, to clutch switch, to starter relay. Or what I assume is the clutch switch. Schematic isn't labeled.

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          I believe that is one of the saftey switches... the clutch switch perhaps?

Krey
          Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
          Yellow/green is starter switch according to a Post wiring diagram....can't imagine it'd be much different for a Pre. Lemme see if I can find a Pre schematic.

Krey is right too: Goes from Starter switch, to clutch switch, to starter relay. Or what I assume is the clutch switch. Schematic isn't labeled.
          Confirmed.
          Last edited by 05RedKat600; 08-19-2011, 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I know This is an older thread but neither of these yellow/green wires are connected to anything on my bike. Are there any ill side effects to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_kat View Post
              I know This is an older thread but neither of these yellow/green wires are connected to anything on my bike. Are there any ill side effects to this?

Trace them back to the sensor. If it's just the sensor wires that are not plugged up, then no issue.

If the harness set (the wires the sensor is supposed to plug into ) are not connected, then your bike won't turn over.

If you can press the starter and the engine will turn over by the starter... then you probably do not have an issue.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Those go to the (evil) clutch safety switch. The harness wires they're supposed to go to are plugged into each other (I can see them in your photo) to bypass the switch. This is the permanent fix for when the safety switch goes bad as they frequently do. Matter of fact, I haven't owned a Suzuki yet that the switch didn't eventually die.

Leave them alone or remove the switch from the bottom of the clutch perch and toss the switch and wires in the nearest trash can.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                  Those go to the (evil) clutch safety switch. The harness wires they're supposed to go to are plugged into each other (I can see them in your photo) to bypass the switch. This is the permanent fix for when the safety switch goes bad as they frequently do. Matter of fact, I haven't owned a Suzuki yet that the switch didn't eventually die.

Leave them alone or remove the switch from the bottom of the clutch perch and toss the switch and wires in the nearest trash can.
                  Bill, the guy that brought this thread up again isn't the same guy that posted the photo Just a heads up.

Comment

Doh!
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

mine are actually linked together still.... and the wire directly under it the yellow/white one... connects to nothing what should i do? 95 kat

Comment

Working...
                      X