X

2002 GSXF has no spark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 GSXF has no spark

I bought a 2002 GSXF600 about 2 weeks ago. I rode it a couple of times the day I bought it. The next day when I went to start it, the motor will turn over, but no spark. I have checked all of the neutral safetys. Had the coils checked at a shop, they are good. I bought a CDI and still nothing. Now the only other thing I can think of is the pulse generator. Does anyone have any other ideas, or know what the ohms should read for the pulse generator?

Also, does anyone know what each wire goes to in the ignition? Long story short, the bike was kind of a frankenstein when I bought it. Someone replaced the ignition (kind of). They took a new one and wired it with the old one. Not sure why, because all of the wires are color matching. But when I eliminated the old one, I am coming up with an extra one that doesn't have a home. It's orange with a red stripe. I assume it just controls a light (maybe the neutral light, since it doesn't come on). It's a very small wire. If anyone knows what each color goes to, could you let me know. Thanks!
    Last edited by joekickass79; 08-02-2011, 02:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wiring schematic here in the Wiki....

Comment

I do really appreciat the advice thank you.i will keep trying and let you guys know what ifigure out.

Comment

I believe I may have figured it out, but I'm not sure what to call it. The book just calls it a "Diode", but I can't find the part anywhere online. It is a black box connected to the fuse panel. I tested it and I'm not getting anything from it. Does anyone have any idea on what exactly it's called and if it could cause the bike not to fire.

Comment

Working...
        X