X

trouble shooting electric system

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble shooting electric system

Is there any specific part in the harness that when it fails, it causes the bike to not be able tp rev normally? I took my bike to a dealer and they said they have no idea what's wrong with it. When you try to rev, it bogs out if you rev anymore than a quarter turn worth of throttle.
    New Carbs and new tires makes it hard to take it easy on the throttle....

year and size of bike?
    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

2006 600

Comment

How long has it been sitting?

Comment

Well the bike sat for a little less then 2 years. I bought it, pulled the carbs and sprayed cleaned them and that got it running. Then a week later I decided I wanted to do a full cleaning of them, so I did, adjusted the A/F screws to 2.5 and the bike started doing this. Its still at the dealer as the mechanic said he was going to try to bump up a few jets today. IDK. Im ****ed cause the dealer cant figure it out. Time to go elsewhere I guess.

Comment

Take it back from the dealer. I haven't found but one or two in the entire country I'd trust with a chainsaw. Try checking out Gino's Cycles in Philly. http://www.ginoscycles.com/ Small, hole in the wall place but they seemed to actually know how to work on a bike. I stumbled on them last fall, looking for parts for my wheel swap and spent a good hour chatting with the owner. They don't specialize in anything but seemed to work on just about everything.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Oh trust me. I'm going to pick the bike up today and I will NEVER be taking it to another shop. I'm going to pick up a different set of carbs I think and try that. If it works. Good. If not, I will sell the carbs. I also was thinking about picking up another wireharness and swapping parts out. My friend has the SAME bike, but after this mishap I don't think he will let me try parts from his bike to try to isolate the problem.

Comment

Blinker light problems (2006 Suzuki Katana 600)

Hello all, im new to the site but i need some help. my left blinker indecator stays solid, it use to go off after a few minutes of ridding but now it just stays on, and it makes my headlights not come on either. I checked the fuses and they were good. any other suggestions.
                2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Carb related - reach out to our resident carb guru Arsenic - he'll get you sorted out right.
                  2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                  2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by Jaredmc View Post
                    Hello all, im new to the site but i need some help. my left blinker indecator stays solid, it use to go off after a few minutes of ridding but now it just stays on, and it makes my headlights not come on either. I checked the fuses and they were good. any other suggestions.
                    2006 Suzuki Katana 600
                    Your flasher relay is going/gone bad and/or you have a bulb out. Usually when you have a bulb out the signals will flash faster instead of solid, but I discovered with my LED set up that isn't the case. (I didn't blow an LED bulb, that would be silly, one of my mini stalks on the back broke and the wire separated)

As to the original post. Correct troubleshooting technique dictates that if the trouble started when you messed with the carbs, the problem is probably in the carbs you messed with. Start with what was changed. I guarantee you have something not put together right, not seated right, not hooked up right on or around your carbs.
                    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

where is the flasher relay located

Comment

Originally posted by Jaredmc View Post
                        where is the flasher relay located
                        I'm not exactly sure on an 06, but if it's like the pre's it'll be below the airbox in front of the battery. You might want to check the manual in the Wiki.
                        Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

It might be in the carbs but can also be electrical. When does the stumble happen? What rpm? These questions can help lead to what just might be wrong. Coils will stumble almost like the bike is running out of gas until you ease off the throttle. Seeing is how the bike has sat for awhile you might have more than 1 problem causing the effect you are having. Jetting is not a wise idea until you can get the carbs right in the first place. Float bowls have to be equal height and adjusted right to begin with. You could have pinched the diaphragms if you had the topend of the carbs apart. There is just so many things in question at this point.
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                            Take it back from the dealer. I haven't found but one or two in the entire country I'd trust with a chainsaw. Try checking out Gino's Cycles in Philly. http://www.ginoscycles.com/ Small, hole in the wall place but they seemed to actually know how to work on a bike. I stumbled on them last fall, looking for parts for my wheel swap and spent a good hour chatting with the owner. They don't specialize in anything but seemed to work on just about everything.
                            There was a good shop called Maxxed Cycle in Lansdale. Now the business is named Redline Motorsports, but I don't know if the same people are still there. I shot them an email asking, but haven't heard back yet.
                            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                            X