Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Sputtering when warmed up. Cracked Coil? Maybe air box hoses???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sputtering when warmed up. Cracked Coil? Maybe air box hoses???

I have a 93 Kat 600f sputters after warming up. starts out great. had carbs done over and jetted. Vance Hines exhaust and Uni filter . NGK plugs I checked after ride there turning tan which is good .Forgot to connect the air box hoses. Hoping this could be it . Need to test out again. Otherwise was thinking coil crack. Any suggestions??? Also what year coils are interchangable for this bike?
    Last edited by JimmyNoShow; 04-06-2011, 07:46 PM.
    93 Kat Sucati Made in Japoly

All years and most dual coil suzis will fit. You know how to test the coils right?
    Let the engine cool then heat the coils up with a hair dryer. Then run the bike heating them up more. If it sputters like when the engine is hot there's you problem.

Comment

air box hoses need to be leak free. i glued mine to the airbox with rtv.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

check that your choke cable and the valves are all closing.
        when a bike runs well cold but not when hot thats a sign its overly rich or the ignition is breaking down
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

thanks guys. Ill test ride after work today see what happens . If still crappy going to try the hairdryer trick. I like that one . Hopefully the air box hoses connected did the trick.
          Thanks again Black Pete

Comment

took a ride yesterday real quick seemed better lil hesitation still . Heated the coil for a few min with blow dryer too. ????

Comment

Any ideas what else to check would be greatly appreciated
              thans

Comment

I have had a similar problem and it was the amount of alcohol in the gasoline so that is something you may want to look at.

Comment

Check your float/float needles are seating and not leaking fuel. That would cause a rich running situation to make the bike run worse when warmed up.

Also make sure no fuel is in the oil. That also would be an issue to cause that symptom.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    Check your float/float needles are seating and not leaking fuel. That would cause a rich running situation to make the bike run worse when warmed up.

Also make sure no fuel is in the oil. That also would be an issue to cause that symptom.

Krey
                    needles are good , no leaks

Comment

Read this see if it corresponds to your situation:

Comment

I also have the same deal

starts great and runs great cold
                        Once she gets hot it starts to bog and rpms drop and it stalls

I need to let sit a few minutes to cool and need choke to re start it.

I am lost !!!

its a 1991 600 GSX

Comment

Originally posted by corsi1969 View Post
                          starts great and runs great cold
                          Once she gets hot it starts to bog and rpms drop and it stalls

I need to let sit a few minutes to cool and need choke to re start it.

I am lost !!!

its a 1991 600 GSX
                          Clean your plugs or replace

Make sure your carbs are clean . I had a nightmare. I did everything wasted alot of money. pretty much was a battery .
                          start your own thread . they know more and will help you. I know Arsenic and Kreylyn know alot about these carbs But they probably won't look here thell look in a new thread and chime in with good advice. Before you talk about that stuff they will want to know your carbs are synced!

Comment

Working...
                          X