X

Indicators problem :/

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indicators problem :/

i cant get my indicators to work for longer than a day.. i have led indicators all round and the correct relay for it, but the wiring loom is so messed up from the previous owner im thinking, can i run a seperate mini wiring harness just for the indicators?

im thinking Battery > Relay > indicators > switch and then all of the connecting wires and just leave the old wiring loom for it dormant?

thanks in advance for your help!!
    GSX600F - micron slip on, iridium spark plugs, HID kit, mesh mod, shovel chop, rear hugger, led gauge lights, led indicators and running lights, R1 led brake light, flip up tinted screen, rim tape, SS brake lines...

Yeah sure, the turn signal wiring is pretty simple. Almost as you describe:
    Power >>Fuse >> Relay >> Switch >> bulbs.
    If I had to guess your problem is after the relay.. But hey, you know better than I how messed up the loom is.

Comment

It's probably just a rubbed through wire under the tank. It would be easier to track that down than to create new separate wiring for only the signals IMO.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I have the same problem, but only with my right turn signal, usually if I push the harnesses together it'll work again but sometimes not. I don't know why all but one would work.

Comment

I think i will give it one last go at tracing all of the wires because sometimes going over a bump my signal one one side will flash so i guess its shorting out somewhere, the relay is definitely fine and wired in correctly
          GSX600F - micron slip on, iridium spark plugs, HID kit, mesh mod, shovel chop, rear hugger, led gauge lights, led indicators and running lights, R1 led brake light, flip up tinted screen, rim tape, SS brake lines...

Comment

Originally posted by GodJockey View Post
            usually if I push the harnesses together it'll work again but sometimes not.
            Sounds like a short to me.. dig into the harness carefully and find the issue...
            http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
            http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
            '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
            "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
            "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

I'm a big fan of cleaning the connectors. That's where I usually find problems. Next time you've got the fairings and tank off just start running through the wiring, looking for bullet connectors. A little 220 grit sandpaper on the male sides and a Q-Tip in a Dremel loaded with some toothpaste (the white, gritty stuff, not the gel) or a paste made from Ajax/Comet and oil for the female ends. Follow up with a squirt of dielectric grease and reconnect.

It can either be an all-day project or just something you do whenever you're in the middle of something else. I went through my entire electrical system like that (over about 6 months) and guess what, gremlins went away!
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
              X