X

Hide the wiring harness pre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide the wiring harness pre

Forgive me if this is a dumb question and I did search with no luck, maybe I used the wrong search terms... I tried every search term I could think of.

The wiring harness showing on the right side of the bike is not very attractive can I just push it behind the frame? I'm afraid of it getting to hot. I had some wiring problems a long while ago and it turned out the wires were melting close to there. What have ya'll done?
    95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
    ---
    I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Mine's wrapped in black wire loom and held to the bottom edge of the frame. If you've got loose wires you can get lengths of spiral wrap or split-loom at the auto parts store that won't require disconnecting everything.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

If you keep it from actually touching the engine I would think it should work. Your previous "melting" wire issue could have been from electrical overload as opposed to external heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
        Mine's wrapped in black wire loom and held to the bottom edge of the frame. If you've got loose wires you can get lengths of spiral wrap or split-loom at the auto parts store that won't require disconnecting everything.
        I'll probably do that as that will give it some insulation.

Originally posted by GregS View Post
        If you keep it from actually touching the engine I would think it should work. Your previous "melting" wire issue could have been from electrical overload as opposed to external heat.
        It happened before I knew anything at all about my bike and I've slowly been getting more and more comfortable wrenching on it. If I remember right something was loose and touching the engine or exhaust but I think it was actually touching...
        95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
        Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
        ---
        I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Working...
        X