X

start button delay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• start button delay

what would cause my start button to be so slow to start the bike?the battery is fully charged all connections are good and if I press the button ,I have to hold it for about 30 to 40 secs before it turns the starter, shouldnt it be instant? or this a common kat thing?

Should be instant!
    99 Ford F150 4x4
    04 Mustang GT
    2010 Camaro SS
    06 GSX600F
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skidstar View Post
      what would cause my start button to be so slow to start the bike?the battery is fully charged all connections are good and if I press the button ,I have to hold it for about 30 to 40 secs before it turns the starter, shouldnt it be instant? or this a common kat thing?
      i'd never know that if it was my bike,i'd quit in a few seconds.it could only be three things.starter,relay or switch causing it.my guess would be the relay.

Comment

Make sure the connections at the battery terminal are tight.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

+1
          I'd never know that if it was my bike,i'd quit in a few seconds.it could only be three things.starter,relay or switch causing it.my guess would be the relay.

If you have to "wiggle" or keep tapping the starter button to get it to catch I'd check it first. If it's OK, I'd check the starter motor brushes, they could be worn out.

Comment

Working...
          X