X

HID or no HID .....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID or no HID .....

well I installed my HID kit ( THANKS TO WHOEVER POINTED ME TO DDMTUNING.COM ) and have a issue to deal with ... and I hope that those of you looking todo this mod DON'T do as I did ...... long story short the HID kit works and looks great but what they don't tell you is that they ship the bulbs in a plastic housing .... REMOVE THIS BEFORE INSTALL .... mine is melted inside of my headlight and now I'm trying for the life of me to figure out a way to get them back out without breaking my headlight ..... * KEEPS EYES OPEN FOR REPLACEMENT * I will post should it go that far but I hope that it all works out in the end cause they really look great !
    I MAKE THE ROAD BEG FOR MERCY.... THEN I GO FASTER !

How did you even fit the bulb in with the cover? Usually the cover fits over the base, thus preventing that from happening!
    WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

well I guess you could say my KATS headlamp is like a ***** on nickle night lol cause the cover went right in didn't even stop me and I thought it was part of it cause you have to screw them off

Comment

Um.... they ALL come with a plastic housing on. I'm fairly sure that the instructions that came with the kit I used to have in my truck also indicate removing them.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

The only idea I have for getting the bulbs back out is park the bike in the hottest corner of the house where the sun shines the strongest and let it sit there for a while in hopes that the sun is strong enought to soffen the plastic for you to remove them.

Comment

would have been great to have had instructions !

Comment

Not that I take pleasure in the misfortune of others, but your post made me chuckle

Try a heatgun maybe.
              G'luck
              1990 GSXF 1100
              2011 KLR 650

Comment

it made me chuckle as well when I realized how stupid of a mistake it was

Comment

I just installed an 55w 5000k hid kit from ddmtuning with no problems. it looks great and is functional. that sucks that you melted the plastic right in the housing...

Comment

did you know that the " plastic dome" was tobe removed cause my kit didn't get sent with instructions nor was there anything marking the " dome" tobe removed .. I'm trying to work with DDMtuneing but not really getting anyware ....... I guess lesson learned ......

Comment

Instructions??? We don't need no stinking instructions.
                      sigpic
                      1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Wow... I must say I have never heard of this problem before.

Comment

I got an email from Ddmtuning saying there was a problem with my order and to call them ASAP. Ive been on hold for 15 ****ing minutes!!!!! Damn California people, they are either probably at Starbucks or surfing!!!!!
                          Originally posted by arsenic
                          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Lol yeah I had the same issue turns out they wouldn't ship to my work they would only ship to my house

Comment

ok so maybe I'm retarded or something but since I made one costly mistake I really don't want to make another... as most of you have read I'm trying to upgrade my lights to HID but things arn't going well ..... I'm wondering if I will need to also do a projector mod so that I don't have my new housing melt .....is this true or can I just install the HID bulbs in my stock headlight ...? any of you that have done this mod please help .. I need and want brighter headlights ...

Comment

Working...
                              X