X

Questions of the "Third Eye Light"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions of the "Third Eye Light"

Hello again, I hope everyone has a safe 4th of July!

My question is has anyone ever modified the small light above the headlights?

I assume its just meant to be a aditional marker light?

I was thinking about ( in a effort to be seen) replacing whatever is in there with a bank of super bright white LEDS, or mabey even a small haolgen to create a "third headlight" aimed downwear to adegree not to be a pain in the person infon of me.... I was thinking of adding two fog lights in the lower front cowel area toward sthe bottom, but I thinnk it would be cheaper to use this area/wires already there.

I am at work, and cannot remmer if the lens is yellow, or if its clear with a yellow standard bulb under it...

Anyone ever done this or have any ideas? I have not looked under the lens, but I image there is not alot of room.

Thanks!

ps, if anyone is selling a used exhaust can (non OEM) for a 2005-750, PM me.
    Do or do not, there is no Try...
    -Master Yoda

Current Bike; 2005 Katana 750

Someone here had made a panel of LED's with a inline 12v regulator, and it looked pretty sweet. Also seen someone that had mounted a small video camera in there, but with these new gopro cam's, you could get some real decent video I bet. I like the idea of a high intensity light in there, that would be cool, dunno about room though.

I personally have changed the color of the bulb in mine to green, but have been thinking of doing something different.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I'm waiting for someone to make something like this for the Post Kat:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13hWKMEQKlw"]YouTube- Repsol KITT third eye and Krazy Eyes (At Night)[/ame]

But alas, it's only available for Hondas, although there is something similar for the Kawi R6. In the above vid BigKahuna from the Repsol forum has it on his heavily modded 1000rr Repsol edition.
      -
      -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

that looks awesome Londob5 , inform us if you find one made
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Didn't Mojoe do this on his pre?

Should be a fairly simple mod...
          2002 GSXF 750

Comment

It should be a clear lens with a clear bulb (as stock post models)
            I switched mine to a super bright blue LED
            anything that flashes or scans sise to side will draw unwanted attention from the police
            Any #194 or#89 bulb compatible led will plug right in
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
              It should be a clear lens with a clear bulb (as stock post models)
              I switched mine to a super bright blue LED
              anything that flashes or scans sise to side will draw unwanted attention from the police
              Any #194 or#89 bulb compatible led will plug right in
              care to take a pic during night time ? and day for that matter ?
              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                care to take a pic during night time ? and day for that matter ?
                not the best picture but already had it

Comment

I just added a red bulb. Looks sexy at night...

This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                  BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

i would like to do something with mine also, maybe a super bright colored led

Comment

My regular (low beam) headlights only light the road about 15-20 feet in front of me. My solution would be to add "driving lights" but would it be possible to add a super-bright led in this area, bright enough to help light the road a little farther? (In addition to maybe re-adjusting the headlights?)
                      The meaning of life is that life is meant to be lived

Comment

sounds like you for sure need to adjust the headlight aim
                        Buddy has run traditional bulb fog lights most of the summer and he just had to put in a new stator because it burnt out
                        I ordered LED replacements for his H4 bulbs , hopefully they will be bright enough
                        He likes running the fog lights in the city because it makes him more visable to the cagers

Comment

I did the scanner mod 3 years ago
                          This is a vid of my bike in park and with the key on...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEgJFDyA_aY"]YouTube- ‪GSXF HardlyDangerous Motorsports KITT kat‬‎[/ame]
                          Last edited by hardlydangerous; 08-09-2010, 09:45 AM.
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Yup, I'm getting increasingly more and more fond of the idea of LED's. I would def go with led for any additional lights, like fog/driving lights or if I add extra turn signals / brake lights.

Guess I'll just have to experiment w/ that 3rd light, when I get around to it (pretty low priority). Thx for the input

PS that "kitt-kat" mod is pretty sweet - nice video
                            The meaning of life is that life is meant to be lived

Comment

Extra life.

Comment

Working...
                              X