X

New battery needed...Napa Power Sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New battery needed...Napa Power Sport

Hi guys, has anyone used the Napa Powersport batteries and had good luck? They're AGM sealed batteries like Yuasa and the like. Just wanted to get feedback since I need to go scoop up a new battery today and napa is right down the street.

I have sold a lot of them, and have heard no complaints. I'm looking at buying one for myself here soon.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I was reading online they are actually made by Yuasa as well. Not sure if that's true or not. Cool, I think I'll be scooping one up today Thanks Teddy

Comment

Yuasa and Deka both...depends on the battery.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Yuasa or Deka. Sweet. This is the first time I've bought a motorcycle battery. You have to dump all of the acid in first and charge for a couple hours before using. Not quite as simple or quick as a car, but simple none the less. Just scooped it up at lunch. Thanks again teddy

Comment

I just put one of these in about a week ago. NAPA 9BS, paid $48.14 w/ tax.

I found a couple less expensive batteries, but with an inferior warranty or none at all. The NAPA has a 1 year. Wal-Mart (for example) doesn't offer a warranty on motorcycle batteries.

The DEKA was my second choice. They're just down the street from me. Seems like they were about $60 or so.

Comment

Well you got a deal then for 48$. I just payed $70 with tax for mine yesterday unfortunately that was not the problem. Think it's my starter

Comment

Originally posted by travg View Post
                Well you got a deal then for 48$. I just payed $70 with tax for mine yesterday unfortunately that was not the problem. Think it's my starter
                at $48 I dont think that was a AGM power sport or he buys at wholesale $
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Definitely not the AGM Power Sport if he had to dump in the acid and charge it first.
                  The premium AGM Power Sport batteries are sealed units.
                  1998 Suzuki Katana 750, GSX750F, black, 13,2XX miles, stage-I jet kit, NGK IX iridium spark plugs, ...
                  1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee, A12, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 rear axle, Butterscotch w/black stripe, black interior
                  1974 Plymouth 'Gold' Duster, 225 slant six, automatic, hood scoop, rear spoiler, aluminum wheels ... performance looks set up for daily driving

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_depetro View Post
                    Definitely not the AGM Power Sport if he had to dump in the acid and charge it first.
                    The premium AGM Power Sport batteries are sealed units.
                    Sorry bro, you're wrong. The AGM batteries come dry and then you have to fill them with the acid. All of them are like this. It's due to shipping hazards. Once you dump the acid in it get sucked up and gels up and is no longer spillable. Not sure if you've ever bought a new battery, but you'll see when you do. Still easy to do

Comment

Teddy works for NAPA in his area. So he gets a deal on them. Yes all motorcycle batteries that are maintenance free have to have the acid put in. Batteries come 80% charged and you have to charge them for about 4 hours before using them.
                      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I guy I know who does a lot of business at NAPA that picked it up for me. It is a AGM Power Sport, and it was a deal.

Comment

Sorry bro, you're wrong.
                          That's possible, I've been wrong before. I'm certain it'll happen again too.
                          I guess this time everyone is wrong.

Not sure if you've ever bought a new battery, but you'll see when you do.
                          I sure have. Just 4 days ago I put one in my 1998 Katana 750.

The AGM batteries come dry and then you have to fill them with the acid. All of them are like this.
                          Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
                          Yes all motorcycle batteries that are maintenance free have to have the acid put in.
                          Batteries come 80% charged and you have to charge them for about 4 hours before using them.
                          Apparently not all.

It's due to shipping hazards. Once you dump the acid in it get sucked up and gels up and is no longer spillable.
                          So then why would it be hazardous to ship?

I guess there really is an exception to every "rule" and the premium Power Sports AGM battery I bought must not be your average battery.
                          It is an AGM sealed (maintenance free) battery that you do not put acid in (ships full) and doesn't need a charge before you use it.

Last edited by daniel_depetro; 05-24-2010, 02:55 PM.
                          1998 Suzuki Katana 750, GSX750F, black, 13,2XX miles, stage-I jet kit, NGK IX iridium spark plugs, ...
                          1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee, A12, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 rear axle, Butterscotch w/black stripe, black interior
                          1974 Plymouth 'Gold' Duster, 225 slant six, automatic, hood scoop, rear spoiler, aluminum wheels ... performance looks set up for daily driving

Comment

I also work for Napa at the DC level
                            The AGM we stock are completely maintanence free sealed units
                            Labelling is different here in Canada
                            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_depetro View Post
                              That's possible, I've been wrong before. I'm certain it'll happen again too.
                              I guess this time everyone is wrong.

I sure have. Just 4 days ago I put one in my 1998 Katana 750.

Apparently not all.

So then why would it be hazardous to ship?

I guess there really is an exception to every "rule" and the premium Power Sports AGM battery I bought must not be your average battery.
                              It is an AGM sealed (maintenance free) battery that you do not put acid in (ships full) and doesn't need a charge before you use it.

I was commenting on the one I bought from Napa. The one I purchase required me to add acid to it. That's all. I see you have one that doesn't. You're correct. I see you want an argument and could care less.
                              Last edited by travg; 05-24-2010, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X