X

Guage Mods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guage Mods

I'm looking into a custom'ish setup on my gauges. I'm planning on getting the Illumiglo gauge faces and replacing some of the lights (clock, neutral, oil, etc.) with LED's. The only thing i'm missing is acrylic needles that I can light up. Anyone had any luck finding these. I'm sure i'm not the first guy to try this one, but haven't had much luck with the search button.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd love to get this one going before the real riding season.

I'm also wondering this same thing as it will determine whether I do the LED light upgrade on my pre.
    Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Be careful taking the needles off of the pre cluster.
      Mine were epoxied on TIGHT. The needle broke instead of actually coming off the shaft. (luckily I don't need the needles anymore )

Comment

No takers?

Comment

Well If you get the needle off and spray paint it with fluorescent day-glo paint(I used florescent orange from walmart) Then put a ccfl light around your gauge in your gauge cluster it lights it up really nice... both the Illumiglo gauge faces and the needle you painted. For the CCFL light you need to order one of those computer fans with the round ccfl light in it and just take that light out of the fan. Also make sure the CCFL light is a fluorescent one(like a blacklight). I used a hot glue gun to secure mine in the gauge cluster. I think i used the 80mm size fan. you might need to measure your gauge. The illumiglo gauges plus the painted needle makes this look pretty sweet. I'll try and get a pic up of mine, but I'm kinda busy the next week or so.
          Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

No rush. Just got my guage faces so it'll keep me busy for a little while. Just shoot me a few pics when you get the chance. Sounds pretty sweet.

Comment

Comment

i wanted to do this mod..but also wanted to put the CCFL light into my head lights..for a halo effect. Where can u order the fans? & how much do they run?
                -100% JEDI-

Comment

you can order them lights from tigerdirect.com or newegg.com i would say the fans will run anywhere from 5 to 20 bucks depending on a few different things

Comment

JAH, Check out my thread here for ideas and help on the angel/demon eye mod(putting CCFL in your headlight) I did this mod the same time i put the CCFL in my guages. It's not too hard.

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
                    From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
                    Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

And I'm really busy, but I'm gonna try and get some of those pics up for ya dlmerdian

Comment

Here are some pics of the 2 angel/demon eye mods I've done. I will try and get a pic of my gauges up as well. I have to wait for it to be dark out. I'll also try and get a pic of the mod on my actual bike.

Shot at 2010-05-07

Shot at 2010-05-07

Shot at 2009-02-02

Shot at 2009-02-02

Shot at 2009-02-02

Comment

Here are the pics of my gauges finally. I have the reverse Illumiglo gauges over the stock ones, then I put fluorescent CCFL lights inside the gauge cluster to make it glow better, and make it easier to see my needles at night. I painted the needles with Day Glo - fluorescent orange paint from Wal-Mart.

Shot at 2010-05-17

Shot at 2010-05-17

Shot at 2010-05-17

Shot at 2010-05-17

Shot at 2010-05-17

Comment

sweet thanks

Comment

Realize that this is a very old thread (those needles look awesome by the way, are they too birght). a couple questions:

Are there any benefits to using led bulbs with the illumiglo gauges? from what i can tell the illumiglo gauges are intended to be used with stock lighting right. While I have the dash apart I was going to slap in a blue led for the clock illumination, but wasnt sure if the spedo and tacho would benefit from the blue glow at all with the illumiglo?

Also, what kind of change can I expect from replacing the signal indicators in the instrument panel with green leds? or even the oil indicator and neutral light with their respective leds. I have searched previous threads but i guess im kinda looking for a before and after idea.

by the way definitely stealing your orange needle idea

Comment

how do you take the needles off a stock pre?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X