X

datatool digi gear indicator HELP ME PLEASE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• datatool digi gear indicator HELP ME PLEASE

Hey there ladies and gents I recently purchased and installed the datatool digi gear indicator on my bike. Now I don't know if I connected the digi wrong but I know it has power. Now the issue that I am having with the digi is that its not saving the gears. When I have my bike in neutral the digi shows a 0 and when I put it in 1st gear and rev to 2000 RPM's the 1 just keeps flashing and it doesn't save it. The way that I have the digi hooked up is the wire for the speedo from the digi is connected to the wire for the speed sensor which is the (pink wire on bike) and the wire from the digi for the tach is connected to the yellow wire for the coil on the bike (I think). I really need your help I'm so mad that I can't even think straight. I was hoping that there is someone in the south jersey and philly area that has the digi on there bike to help me connect this thing. I currently have the Haynes manual which I used the wiring diagram in the haynes to help me but I can't figure it out. Oh yea before I connected the wires to my bike I went to radio shack and bought a harness to connect the wires. Please somebody please help me please

I don't have one of them, nor am I familiar with the programming of them, but I would figure that to program it you would have to be moving in first gear, not just free revving the engine. (you know, so it can compare rpm to mph)

Maybe that's what you're doing, and I just read it wrong, but I thought I'd throw that out there.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

This might be a very silly question, but have you gone through the gears with the bike moving or stopped?

It's trying to determine the ratio between engine speed and wheel speed. If you just doing it while the bike is parked, it will have no wheel (or final-drive in the case of the 98+ kat) speed reference.

Comment

Sorry guys I should have been a little more clearer (not being sarcastic). I have the bike on the center stand while. I put the bike in 1st gear and while the rear tire is spinning at 2000 RPM'S its not saving the gear. Guys/Gals please help me

Comment

Anybody please

Comment

Follow all the instructions to the letter, then (if that doesn't work) call the manufacturer

Comment

does anybody have anymore info on this anyone

Comment

unfortunetly i dont have anything useful, although i really want to get one of these indicators soon, so keep us updated!
                03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
                04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
                08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
                10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
                05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Originally posted by portuguese katana View Post
                  does anybody have anymore info on this anyone

Boas gostava de saber se resolveste o teu prob com o teu digi visto estar com o mesmo problema que tu. Fiz tudo direito, axo eu, mas akilo nao grava as mudanças. obrigado

Comment

Originally posted by kastros View Post
                    Boas gostava de saber se resolveste o teu prob com o teu digi visto estar com o mesmo problema que tu. Fiz tudo direito, axo eu, mas akilo nao grava as mudanças. obrigado
                    Translation... he wants to know if the problem was fixed because he has the same problem even though he did everything right.

este e um fio muito velho e teh escritor original nao foi desta pagina por quatro anos. ele nao esta no forum mais.

I'm sorry if that is very poorly put together, my portugese isn't very good.
                    Last edited by Bkohs; 02-12-2014, 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by phil823 View Post
                      unfortunetly i dont have anything useful, although i really want to get one of these indicators soon, so keep us updated!
                      Hey Phil, check out my GPI, no programming needed, I have one unit left. I even do custom mounting of the led in pre dash clusters.

An area where all of our supporting vendors may post news, information, and products. Dealer postings by registered supporting vendors only!
                      http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                      http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                      '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                      "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                      "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Working...
                      X