X

2002 gsxf 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 gsxf 750

I have a 2002 GSXF 750 that has been wrecked and I bought the engine from a buddy of mine. It only has 7,500 miles on it and a little road rash on the casing. I am building a nasty kart for the engine. I just dont have any fire, I know this thing is loaded with safety wires and kick stand wires, clutch safety wires etc... etc...

My question is....What wires do I need to pay attention to and what do I do with them. I have the harness and CDI and all the goodies . I dont have an ignition switch... I have a manual for it, what do I do with the excess wires? like Safety switch?' ground them out or tape them up? wires like the turn signals and brake light I plan to just tape up and hide them, Might use them later on as a finishing touch in the project, but what wires need attention and what do I need to do to get fire. ???

Please help this is a fun project and would be killer fast when i get it done. Looking forward to any kind of help or assistance I can get. thanks

Also , does anyone have a suggestion on how to wire a key and tumbler to it as well. Or a diagram of a typical motorcycle wire diagram of a key ignition, starter and battery set up?
    Last edited by katman2002; 02-28-2010, 10:04 PM.

This might help

Sounds like a fun project
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Save yourself some time and hassle... get a keyed ignition switch for the project. There is an anti theft wiring that makes not using one very very difficult. Most people if they do know how to work around it... won't post that info because we dont' want people to know how to get around hot wiring our bikes.

If you can't get one from your buddy, you can get one off ebay cheap probably. Even if it doesn't have the key for it, you can have a locksmith make one pretty cheap. Then any hardware store can make copies.

Be aware of the following...

Kickstand, clutch saftey switches. These can just be wired together to bypass any switch.

Kill switch. I would actually keep this working as a quick kill saftey option for the engine. For a cart, I would consider swapping for a press button kill switch (pull it out for run.. just gotta push it in/slap it for turning it off). Saftey is important.

Headlights would be good, so remember you have head light switches. The high/low is 2 different ciruits.... so you could set it up so that you have different lights working on that basis... 2 low set lights for low... 4 high positioned lighs for high.

Other than that, all the rest of the wires can just be taped to the harness and hidden (that don't pertain to the motor running of course) until/if you ever need/want to use them.

I think a cart with working lights, etc... would be cool.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Pay attention to what Kreylyn sais because although he doesn't know me i have read many of his threads and so far they have been very helpful and specific and they make sense. thanx for your input Kreylin its priceless.
        Sliminator

Comment

awesome, thanks...

the GSXF 750's what can you guys tell me about them....are they a strong engine or tear up easily, constant maint..?? or what...

anything would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Can anyone tell me more about these engines?
            GSXF 750's I got a 2002 model....

tendencies,? strong, weak 2nd gear?
            stock HP?

Comment

Originally posted by katman2002 View Post
              Can anyone tell me more about these engines?
              GSXF 750's I got a 2002 model....

tendencies,? strong, weak 2nd gear?
              stock HP?

I don't know the stock HP off hand, but in general... the Suzuki oil cooled motors are pretty tough low maintenance motors. You really have to try to kill them to do so.

Posts don't have much of a problem with 2nd. That was mostly a pre issue. You should be fine there.

The only big issue I can see you might run into is getting the carbs tuned for use without an air box. The carbs work best when all 4 have the same air pressure and flow to them, which an airbox regulates. Pods for example, make it very difficult to tune the motor right.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

airbox

thank god i got the stock air box for it when i was breaking it down and tearing into it alll....

I dont have that stock key though, wish I would have grabbed it...u know where i could get one at?

Comment

Originally posted by katman2002 View Post
                  thank god i got the stock air box for it when i was breaking it down and tearing into it alll....

I dont have that stock key though, wish I would have grabbed it...u know where i could get one at?
                  Ebay should be a good option...

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

I bought a 2000 Katana 600 last year and had no spark issues with it and bought all kinds of used igniition parts trying to diagnose the problem. It ended up being the ignition switch. You can get brand new aftermarket switches for about $45. I'd say to save the hassle of trying to bypass the ignition switch, just buy one then the kart would be safer as well because you would need a key to start it.

Comment

aftermarket key for that price , not bad at all.
                      Do you remember where you seen that at?
                      or what the name of the business was?

Comment

I bought the aftermarket ignition switch at Brantford Motorcycle in Brantford, Ont. Phone number is 519-753-2453. I was trying to get Emgo, but they couldn't find it in their catalogue. I am not sure of the brand I ended up getting. Came in next day and came with 2 keys.

Comment

awesome thanks...i have heard about the emgo brand aftermarket stuff. Is it usuall pretty good stuff to buy and use?
                          Sounds like a pretty good deal to me....I will give them a call and see if they have one for my bike...

thanks for your help..

Comment

Working...
                          X