X

rear turn signals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear turn signals

Hey all just wondering if anyone has tried these turn signals out from 58 cycle http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/122-bike%20night.htm or even the this license plate mount with signals http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/1...cket%20led.htm

I just ordered a 03+ tail section from ebay for my 98 and plan on doing getting an integrated tail light but have read about how its hard to see the turn signals on those during the day so I ran across these on 58cycle.
    Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

i have those but in dark tint
    dont get tineted if you are concerned about safety
    not too visable at all at day time
    clear or amber r good tho, easy to wire up too
    make sure that u do ur wiring right tho
    hook em up and if they dont work at all then switch wires around
    (happened to me), taht is if they r LEDs
    anyway get em they look good

Comment

i have a clear LED, easily visible even in bright sunlight. Make sure you put them in right, I rode with a guy a few times who put in his own LED turn signals, didn't put in the resistors. Fried a few batteries and ended up killing his electrics- costly mistake, and he couldn't ride til he got it fixed.
      sigpic
      "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

wouldn't they splice into the wires on the integrated tail light? I will order the clear alternatives one from 58 as well and I thought the CA tail lights have the resistor already.

I probably should specify that I will use the turn signals on the integrated tail light as well as something like the ones from 58 to ad to the visibility factor. I don't really like the idea of smoked lights especially on a MC

Justin
        Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

Originally posted by unit44justin View Post
          wouldn't they splice into the wires on the integrated tail light? I will order the clear alternatives one from 58 as well and I thought the CA tail lights have the resistor already.

I probably should specify that I will use the turn signals on the integrated tail light as well as something like the ones from 58 to ad to the visibility factor. I don't really like the idea of smoked lights especially on a MC

Justin
          yes, the turn signals will splice to the wire ends in the integrated light. I'm not a wiring expert, adding an extra load of turn signals may be putting too much on it? I dunno, you'd have to ask someone smarter than me on that.

Where's Krey?
          sigpic
          "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I don't think that it would put any extra load on the system cause they are LEDs, and LEDs have very little electical resistance, and electical resistance is what puts a load the system

Comment

Originally posted by clark827 View Post
              yes, the turn signals will splice to the wire ends in the integrated light. I'm not a wiring expert, adding an extra load of turn signals may be putting too much on it? I dunno, you'd have to ask someone smarter than me on that.

Where's Krey?
              lol

**Paging Krey**

Comment

It would take a lot of LEDs to put a load on the bike electrics. Don't see an issue.

As for how they work... LEDs are generally pretty bright, but they won't replace stock lighting required by inspection laws. If your state inspection requires lights like turn signals, they must be approved.

Most LED options are not.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

sweet we dont have inspections in MN so with the clear alternatives integrated tail light I won't have the fast blinking issue because they already have the resistors in the wires correct

Comment

I have a clear alternatives and I added mini stalk LEDs
                    the load was still less than the factory bulbs

Here is some pics and video
                    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by unit44justin View Post
                      sweet we dont have inspections in MN so with the clear alternatives integrated tail light I won't have the fast blinking issue because they already have the resistors in the wires correct

I don't know specificaly with the clear alternatives... I've never used any of their stuff.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

the clear alternatives kit comes with resistors
                        I did not use them because I didnt want them mounted in the tail because they may get hot
                        Astro4X4 did a thread on altering the flasher on model years 98+ to reduce the flash rate
                        see link below

Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
                        X