X

how much of a hassel is this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much of a hassel is this?

i was thinking about replacing the headlight bulbs with brighter xenon or hid bulbs i saw on fleabay. but i dont want to take all the plastics off again just to change the bulbs.

how much of a PIA is it to expose and switch the bulbs? what all do i have to disassemble?
    previous rides
    06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
    next ride - another kat

HID bulbs require the install of an entire assembly to support them, so that will take an hour or two. Don't know about the Xenon.
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Xenon bulbs are just straight up bulb replacement.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Yah, "Xenon filled halogen" is what I think they actually are...

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I never changed mine on the kat but on my Sv all I do is reach down behind the light dissconnect the wire remove the rubber piece and then remove the metal retaing clip and install the bulb
          sigpic

Comment

Bought Xenon bulbs for the car off of Ebay.
            They did not even last 6 months.
            Waste of money!

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

i don't remember pulling off my plastics to replace my bulb. I just reached down thru the front cowl.

Comment

Right. For just a bulb replacement it's not necessary to remove the body panels but it is easier to gain access to the headlight bulbs and paraphernalia. However, the time it takes to remove the fairings you'll already be done with the bulb replacement.
                How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Remember not to touch the bulbs... grease from your skin will greatly decrease the life expantency of the bulbs from over heating.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I know on my pre, I gotta pul one side main fairing to get to the headlight. I could maybe do it without but i dont wanna risk breaking the bulb or something stupid...i'd rather take the extra time to give myself room to work...

Comment

search just wasn't an option was it.

Comment

I think if you remove the third eye panel on a post it will give you east access to the headlight bulbs

Cheap headlight bulbs usually dont last

Avoid higher wattage bulbs because they can damage the harness

Your local autoparts store probably carries name brand Xenon bulbs
                        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by kidblooper View Post
                          search just wasn't an option was it.
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                          X