X

L.E.D light laws in az?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.E.D light laws in az?

Hey i did a search on here and on bing but i cant find the led laws for az i want to put either green or purple leds behind my fairings-im pretty sure red blue and white are illegal- does anyone know?

28-940. Additional lighting equipment
    A motor vehicle may be equipped with any of the following:
    1. Not more than two side cowl or fender lamps that emit an amber or white light without glare.
    2. Not more than one running board courtesy lamp on each side of the motor vehicle that emits a white or amber light without glare.
    3. Not more than two backup lamps either separately or in combination with other lamps, but a backup lamp shall not be lighted when the motor vehicle is in forward motion.
    Looks like your only options are white and amber.
    Last edited by HexKrak; 01-14-2010, 01:14 PM.
    Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

This link is cruel but fun. First link is the Arizona vehicle code.

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

The code that HexKrat posted is in Article 16.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I hate az- the laws arent different for motorcycles?

Comment

Originally posted by cleankat96 View Post
          I hate az- the laws arent different for motorcycles?
          There was a section for motorcycle exceptions, but lighting was not listed amongst the differences.
          Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

The key thing to look for is variables allowed for "ambient" vs. "direct" lighting, if there are any.

A hidden light that you can only see the dulled reflection of off parts is what I mean by "ambient".... If you can see the bulb, it's pretty much not going to be legal in most states. Some states allow for some ambient lighting options though.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X