Chrome Project Part 3
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
      diggin' it
      Thanks

Got my relay setup done and wired in my capacitors tonight. This is going to go above my undertail as I have tons of room there now and that will leave room for my ballast by the headlight itself.

I also just got a confirmation email saying my free replacement strip has shipped so I should have that on Monday.
      Last edited by sporty_drew; 02-04-2010, 12:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The box, the wiring..... it looks gorgeous! Have you bench tested it yet, just to make sure the relays all click and make the connections they should? Don't forget to seal up the holes for the wires!
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Thanks, It was a clean as those wires were going be in that small of a space. I need to get a couple more things before bench testing it, but I will do that before installing it. My HID kit should be here tomorrow so on Saturday I might be able to get it finished up for the most part.

Edit: I'll be sealing them up as soon as I know it all works... Great minds think alike

Comment

I can't wait to see it! Oh, and great job picking a project box.... it looks like it is the perfect size for a couple relays, all the wiring, and the two caps. Keep us posted!
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Well I got my HID kit today, no ballast power wiring. I called up their CS and got put on hold. After about 5 minutes a guy picks up and I told him what was wrong and he told me "with your kit you just plug it into the cars stock wiring." I then proceded to tell him it was for a motorcycle and I was doing a retrofit. He then told me "I don't have much experience with this "kit", let me put you on hold to find out more." While I'm sitting on hold for another 5 minutes I get to thinking about how I bought a motorcycle "kit" from them and no where did they say anything about this. . . Finally I hear another voice on the line, just to ask if i'd been helped. I told him I spoke to someone, but he didn't know what I needed to do and never came back. He told me "oh you've been help I'll put you back on hold". More stupid music, gurr, after about 3 more minutes i get transferred out of no where, just to find out they sent me to a answering machine. I leave a kindly worded message with my number.

Now I'm sitting there kind of ticked I just got sent to a machine. I gave them an hour to get back to me and for myself to calm down, then called back. This time someone answered right away, knew what he was talking about, found me the adaptor that I should have been told about in the first place, and transfered me to a sales person to finish my order.

All said and done I spend another 10 dollars to get the ballast wiring and it should be on it's way to me. Now if you made it through that here is a picture of the kit, looks to be a nice setup and will work great for me.

Last edited by sporty_drew; 02-04-2010, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Comment

The anticipation is killing me.

I wonder how it makes you feel...

This thread is going down in my "Bike Projects" Bookmarks Folder.
                  In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

Its in my "things to do with the tax return" folder

Comment

DEFINATELY have to start following this post! awesome job so far bro... i was thinking bout doing this with my project, but wasnt sure.... now i know i have to, lol

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
                      "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

Haha thanks guys. I haven't quit, just been busy with my front end swap. I just got my ballast power wires today. I'll update you guys as I get the wiring done.

Last edited by sporty_drew; 02-22-2010, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Headlight is pretty much done. Here are some pictures.

I then had to cover two of the top leds on each side and then take out the connector between the two. Not too pretty but should work great.

All together and on

These two shots are from 13 feet back. I'll get better shots when I can move the bike. I'm still happy with the cut off I get.

Comment

How does the switching work from high to low? Do you get any dead time between them, or is it seamless?

I can't remember if the fairing covers that top part of the headlight, but if it doesn't then some VHT lense blackout would clean up where those covers are.

Great job on everything. Very cleanly done.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                              How does the switching work from high to low? Do you get any dead time between them, or is it seamless?

I can't remember if the fairing covers that top part of the headlight, but if it doesn't then some VHT lense blackout would clean up where those covers are.

Great job on everything. Very cleanly done.
                              Your relay design could not have worked smoother. It is as seamless as it can get. I have no delay between the two. I was worried about the high having a delay when turning off the high beam, but I don't.

The windscreen covers the top of the light. I'll pry spray the back of my new windscreen.

I just want to say thanks again for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by sporty_drew View Post
                                Your relay design could not have worked smoother. It is as seamless as it can get. I have no delay between the two. I was worried about the high having a delay when turning off the high beam, but I don't.

The windscreen covers the top of the light. I'll pry spray the back of my new windscreen.

I just want to say thanks again for your help!
                                No problem. I'm as thrilled that it worked right as I would be if it was my own bike! Keep up the good work..... This is a good point to be at, because you know from here on you get to see the thing steadily coming together. Can't wait to see it when it's done and on the road!

Comment

Working...
                                X