X

ignition switch???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignition switch???

Ok, so the problem we are having with my bike is with the ignition system. We are thinking ignition switch. I haven't been able to actually troubleshoot anything myself yet as I have been stuck at work and won't be able to work on it till this weekend maybe... I have been looking online trying to figure out how much an ignition switch would cost and I can't find anywhere that would have one except for ebay. No where else seems to even have ignitions switches. I am using the term ignition switch from the car world and am starting to wonder if there is another name for it in the bike world??? Am I even looking at the right thing??? I have a 01 Katana 600. Thanks a bunch.
    -2001 GSX600F-

Part Number: 37100-33E20 LOCK ASSY,STEER

Also make sure to check all the connections for the kill switch, including cleaning the right pod, the side stand safety switch, and the clutch safety switch.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Awesom thanks for the quick response. I will look into it this weekend when I get a chance to this weekend. I was reading a thread in mechs 101 about starting a kat after draining the fuel tank and it seems very familar to what my friend was messing with this one. Let you guys know how it goes this weekend. Do yall have a link to a wiring diagram that I could follow with a multi meter to trace signals back from the battery by any chance???
      -2001 GSX600F-

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

mine works but i cant lock my handle bars anymore.

would it be safe to spray some wd-40 into the key hole?
          " Chaos was the law of nature, Order was the dream of man "

my bike
          95 pre-kat 750

Comment

i have before and it didnt hurt anything.
            sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
            www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

This stuff rocks for locks etc
              2000 Katana 600
              2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

ignition switches are 2 part. top half is the mechanical, the actual key cylinder/pins/shaft/fork lock. the lower half is the electrical contacts. shaft from the top half fits into the lower half to turn the electrical contacts
                99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
                X