X

Starter Failure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Failure

Hey guys, curious what's common failure on these... I have a 91 Kat 750 that likes to not engage the starter. I had been having an intermittent issue where the starter would not engage but then if I let it sit for awhile (hot or cold) the bike would work again. Now after cooling I cannot get the starter to engage again... no click, no spin, nothing. I took apart the button and cleaned the contacts. I checked the contacts at the starter solenoid and everything looks good. Any ideas what to check next?
    1991 Katana 750 (GSX750F) 23K miles
    -Mystic Color Shifting Paint (Cyan/Magenta)
    -Corbin Seat

kill switch, clutch safety switch
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

The run switch appeared fine as well when I had it apart. I visually checked the kickstand switch but cannot see anything about it that looks weird and I can feel it physically engaging when I operate it by hand.

I'll go check the clutch safety switch now and see what's up with it.
      -Corbin Seat

Comment

Yeah, it was the clutch switch. All the grease from 1991 had made it's way down and was covering up the contacts. 15 seconds with a rag fixed it. Total time to solve was about 3 minutes to remove the 2 philips screws, clean, then reinstall.
        -Corbin Seat

Comment

Working...
        X