X

High RPMS Tailight goes out????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High RPMS Tailight goes out????

Had one of my friend riding behind me tell me that everytime i "got into it" my tail light would go out. It was at night and I didnt have any issues with any other lighting just the tail light. I stopped at the gas station, reved it almost to the limiter and sure enough it goes out. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Update: Thanks guys for your speedy responses. fixed it.
    Last edited by BWBuer; 09-07-2009, 08:24 AM. Reason: update
    Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Check wires and socket, probably a bad connection somewhere, then vibration making light go out.
    2001 Kawasaki zx1100

2000 Kat 750, in 600 Yellow. (GONE but not forgotten)

Bike pics link: http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp310/smitty600/

Comment

does the brake light still work when the tail light goes out? weak or loose ground (black wire with white stripe) or tail light wire (brown). funky about to toast bulb filliment. loose bulb in holder
      99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
      1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
      '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
      Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

What was the fix? If I ever stumble across this it will come in handy.
        Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

Had the same problem, voltage regulator in the alternator. Exact same symptoms
          sigpic
          -Cory-
          1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

Working...
          X