HELP!!! 2000 GSX600F,What parts do i need? PICKUP COIL-generator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! 2000 GSX600F,What parts do i need? PICKUP COIL-generator

I have 00 or 01 gsx600

this bike crashed and tore off the front right side engine cover.
    and missing inside piece im not sure what it needs..

doin research iv found its pickup coil, rotor,oilsensor? but im not 100% sure and i dont want to just buy parts hoping its everything

There is a pic of it,

Im trying to find parts for it anywhere but its rare. can anyone help me locate what i need and tell me what i need?

I cant buy new parts!!!.....
    I see on ebay, a few parts- pickup coil*wire* rotor,and an oil sensor that all looks like what i need but i dont know.BUT ITS FOR A 2006 GSX600F.
    Are they the same thing?? 06 and the 00?

someone has to know about this, please help thanks.
    ALSO i broke my key in the ignition..its almost to much work to replace it. Does someone know how to hotwire it?
    you can email or IM me on yahoo - blackice2242
    I would really appreciate it!

I have a nearly complete engine from a 2001 600 so I probably have about everything you need.

You ripped off 11-2 here, correct?

And you probably need the entire signal generator assembly:

That look like all you need? I know I have all that on the engine now, but you would probably want to order a new gasket somewhere.

Let me know if you're interested.

--

Eeeeww - looking a little more closely at that picture, looks like parts of the case might be sheared off... new cover might not fit back on there correctly.
    Last edited by slotzero; 09-05-2009, 01:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

yea threads kinda torn off....

Im told by few different people it can be repaired..either welding or something
      or they know someone at a machine shop that can do it.

I know for sure i need the wire connector thing,and the rotor...? and the bolts or nuts

How much would u be willing to selll for it??!!

Comment

Just ran out in the garage and popped that cover off... here's what I have (below). Problem is you've got that damage on the outer case and where that bottom piece mounts. Sucks to have the parts and still not be able to fix it.

Comment

dam thats all i need..!
          How sure are you that it cant be fixed?

1000000000% sure?
          or is it just questionable...?
          How cheap can u sell em for ? lol

Comment

On these forums I would ask arsenic, CyberPoet, md86, loudnlow, someone like that what they think about repairing that case damage before you went much further. You may also have hairline cracks in the case or something... just thinking worst case if the bike hit hard enough to do all that.

Comment

IM gonna have it looked at someone that would know.
              Id have a better idea if i had the cover though!

can u do all that for like 45-50 on ebay/paypal??
              Last edited by blackice2242; 09-05-2009, 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

can u do all that for like 45-50 on ebay/paypal??

Comment

Originally posted by blackice2242 View Post
                  I have 00 or 01 gsx600

this bike crashed and tore off the front right side engine cover.
                  and missing inside piece im not sure what it needs..

doin research iv found its pickup coil, rotor,oilsensor? but im not 100% sure and i dont want to just buy parts hoping its everything

There is a pic of it,

Im trying to find parts for it anywhere but its rare. can anyone help me locate what i need and tell me what i need?

I cant buy new parts!!!.....
                  I see on ebay, a few parts- pickup coil*wire* rotor,and an oil sensor that all looks like what i need but i dont know.BUT ITS FOR A 2006 GSX600F.
                  Are they the same thing?? 06 and the 00?

someone has to know about this, please help thanks.
                  ALSO i broke my key in the ignition..its almost to much work to replace it. Does someone know how to hotwire it?
                  you can email or IM me on yahoo - blackice2242
                  I would really appreciate it!
                  It looks like the end of the crank where the advance attachs might be bent too. Definitely have a knowledgeable buddy or shop check that out too.
                  Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                  Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

wheres the end of crank? *that your talkin about...
                    whats the advance?

couldnt i maybe use two gaskets, and or lots of Black rtv....before OR after someone works on it. like a machine shop or sumone

2gaskets might not do anything but what about the Rtv silicone
                    Last edited by blackice2242; 09-06-2009, 08:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well my thought on that is... uh, don't do it. When that double gasket fails, you have oil coming out of that side of the bike... if you're riding and that gets in the path of the rear wheel (which it most likely will), you're gonna spill again and cause more damage to you and/or the bike. Not sure on the rtv, but I would guess the same risk.

Or your oil level gets too low too fast and something in the engine seizes... again bad.

You might be better off looking for a post engine somewhere and just swap out the whole motor. You can often find a mid-mileage motor somewhere for $200 to $300.

Comment

i think im about to sell the bike..
                        How can i get a hold of you to get those parts from you, if i need them. or this guy wants your info for him to get them

Comment

Grand Rapids of what state? Mn? Mich? what would you be askin for the skoot if you sell it.
                          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by blackice2242 View Post
                            i think im about to sell the bike..
                            How can i get a hold of you to get those parts from you, if i need them. or this guy wants your info for him to get them
                            Just send him here - I'm on the forums every day. If I find another kat with a blown motor though , this motor will then be unavailable LOL.

Comment

blackice - PM sent

Comment

Working...
                              X