X

Dead Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Kat

I went to start my 06 Kat 750 and heard a pop, the electrical kind that is never good. There was no smoke or burned smell. With the key off the clock stays on, turn the key to ignition and everything is dead. The horn won't even work. I looked at and swapped out all the fuses and nothing. While looking at the schematics on bike bandit I saw another 30 amp fuse but this is not on the fuse block. I tried to follow the wiring but I can't see it with out removing the upper fairing. Also I found 2 wires with a connector not attached to anything just chilling by the idle adjust knob. Are these for CA model?

I know this is obvious, but I am going to say it anyway (as it happened to me). check your battery terminals..I had the same thing happen, I freaked out, and it ended up being one of my battery terminals was loose.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by tjason6 View Post
      Also I found 2 wires with a connector not attached to anything just chilling by the idle adjust knob. Are these for CA model?
      99.9% yes...

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm taking the battery in to have it checked out.

Comment

Working...
        X