No announcement yet.
X

12v relay?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download the correct manual for your bike and find the correct wiring diagram...

http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

To be honest I don't think that will help, the wiring in this bike is an electric tape nightmare. And there are quiet a few cut and modded groups of wires, like the clutch bypass for starting how do I post pics in these comments? I have a few pretty good images of what I'm dealing with

Comment

Really, it would do you any good if you didn't know how to use it. I just looked at a wiring diagram, guess what, it's the signal flasher.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Can one of you send me your email so I can send you pics so you can see what I'm talking about? I know what colors the wires are suppose to be, I know what the flasher relay looks like, I know all the spots it SHOULD be. but the wires either aren't there, have been coated in 20 rolls of electric tape, or have been painted over because the turds were to lazy to remove the fairings to paint them.

Comment

If its on the front of the battery box it's either the side stand relay or the signal flasher, the side stand relay is the larger of the two. If its on the side of the battery box it's the starter relay.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Pic of this mess

Come on I know one of you guys can help!! I've checked the wiring diagrams and it's not adding up.
              Attached Files

Comment

Another pic of the mess

Yea...the mess
                Attached Files

Comment

And the battery...

With no turn signal relay...my starter relay as you can see is on the right side of the battery...just fly over here and fix it...I'll buy you a pizza
                  Attached Files

Comment

What are we looking at, the loose green wire?
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

If your harness is as bad as you say it is you either need to tear into it and figure it out or cut your losses and get a better harness..

'90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.

Comment

Looking at the plug, if there is one. socket side, center pin down. Black is on the left green is center orange/ green on the right. Colors black green orange/green. No plug either install one or install female spade terminals.
                        Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-06-2014, 12:15 AM.
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Jim, I think your probably right man. I started tearing into the harness a bit, and it seems to be a lot of custom work, if I order that harness, it will cover everything from headlight to tail, engine, gauges, everything correct?

Comment

Correct.
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

If you pick up a new one, be sure to clean all the connectors in the new harness well as its mating connector.
                              Get some contact spray cleaner and some spray dielectric grease, clean the connectors and use the grease, it will keep them from corroding any further. Crud build up creates resistance which in turn creates voltage drop.
                              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                              X