X

I HATE getting shoddy work done!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HATE getting shoddy work done!

I got the Kat back from the shop and I got the wrong wiring harness so they couldn’t change it out. I am a little ****y but that teaches me a lesson about buying parts on Ebay! From what I was told is that the mechanic just about had the newer harness on and noticed that of the plugs were different. No biggie I just told them to put the old harness back on and to complete the rest of the work that I wanted done. So I gets the Kat back (a week and a half later then what they said that it would take to finish the job) and my fuel gauge doesn’t work and when I push on the rear brake and the tail light doesn’t light up! I have rear brakes but the d@mn tail light doesn’t light! So now I am pist! And I don’t want to wait another week and a half for them to fix their fudge up! I HATE getting shoddy work done! They should have made sure everything worked before giving it back to me!
    Former Marine 3/97-3/01
    MOS 0161 Semper FI!
    sigpic

go to Thazkat next time, cheaper and will be done alot faster. it will also be worth the trip to him.
    Chrome Project Part 1
    http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
      go to Thazkat next time, cheaper and will be done alot faster. it will also be worth the trip to him.
      Cool I will get a hold of him when I get the new harness
      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
      sigpic

Comment

wrench

bring it to the ohio wrench fest. not sure if one has been planned yet. but it only takes a few hours to swap out the harness. the + side is you will get hands on with it.

second alternative is to come over to columbus with it for a weekend and ill personally help you with it.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Woodmysta View Post
          I got the Kat back from the shop and I got the wrong wiring harness so they couldn’t change it out. I am a little ****y but that teaches me a lesson about buying parts on Ebay! From what I was told is that the mechanic just about had the newer harness on and noticed that of the plugs were different. No biggie I just told them to put the old harness back on and to complete the rest of the work that I wanted done. So I gets the Kat back (a week and a half later then what they said that it would take to finish the job) and my fuel gauge doesn’t work and when I push on the rear brake and the tail light doesn’t light up! I have rear brakes but the d@mn tail light doesn’t light! So now I am pist! And I don’t want to wait another week and a half for them to fix their fudge up! I HATE getting shoddy work done! They should have made sure everything worked before giving it back to me!
          Or give me a call sometime, I dont know a whole lot about harnesses, but I fixed the wiring on my bike thanks to whoever the hell put it back together after they painted it. Ill be back in fort wayne this friday for a week (spring break)

also, give me a call if you want to go ride! me and my friend john will probably be out riding (260)710-0678 is my cell

Comment

Ed I'll give you a call on this weekend. Blazer when you find out when the wrench fest is let me know that sounds interesting. I got a couple of buddies that might be interested in that.
            Former Marine 3/97-3/01
            MOS 0161 Semper FI!
            sigpic

Comment

Cool deal man, ill be home friday about 230, its looking like friday and saturday will be nice... then the rest of the week is going to rain... typical...

Comment

The first time I ripped and replaced a pre wiring harness it took me about 4 hours... but that included faring removal and repairing the harness. The biggest pain is to get the right harness. It seems they changed the connectors every couple years from 88 all the way to 06.
                Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Check the fuel level sender connections under the tank and the taillight/stoplight ones under the seat at the back, sounds like they are unplugged.
                  Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                  Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
                    Check the fuel level sender connections under the tank and the taillight/stoplight ones under the seat at the back, sounds like they are unplugged.
                    Thanks for the info
                    Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                    MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                    sigpic

Comment

Here's my post of the differences between the 1998-2002 vs 2003+ Katana wiring harnesses.
                      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

squiggy you are da man! It's the CDI plug they were talking about.
                        Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                        MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X