X

LED Questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Questions

I have a 01 750 Kat. When I put 1156 Leds into the front sockets they will not blink. After looking for a while I switched the Black/White and Black wires and they blink. Is normal? That would put the B/W to the tip of the bulb and the B to the sides.

Add: Well after even futher invetstigation this is what i found. The pig tail that goes from the socket at the light to the quick disconnect on the wire bundle is wired backwards at the quick disconnect pig tail side. On the right ir goes fom B/W to G and B to B/W. On the left it goes B/W to B and B to B/W. I wonder if this is a common thing or did i get a friday wiring job.

Add: If anyone with a 98-03 can could look at the quick disconnect on their front turn signals and tell me what side the wires are on it would help me out a ton. So there is no confusion. Hold the quick disconnect in your hand with the release clip up and the wires going to the main harness going away from you. ......wish i had a picture...
    Last edited by Pacerman; 09-30-2008, 07:31 PM.
    ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

led's are tricky like that... they are Light Emitting Diodes. diodes = power only goes through in one direction. the regular bulbs can sometimes be put in any direction as long as they are single filament but the led's can only go one way.. for those situations, just try it one way, and if it dont work, switch it.. if it doesnt work either way, then ya have an issue. if the wires are backwards on the quick d/c, take 5 min and switch them.
    my garage:
    96 Kat 750, stage 1 jet, 4-1 w/ slip-on, led's all around, 10000k HID headlight, 42t rear sprocket
    03 Audi A4...SOLD, 1.8t quattro, APR stage 2, 18's, eyelids, rear lip spoiler, 3" tp, apr sport catback, apr BOV, 380cc injectors, 250hp, 300lb/ft...
    97 Isuzu Rodeo, tint, stereo, tow hitch.. nuff said...

find me on facebook.. [email protected]

Comment

I switched them. I ordered new pigtails to see if they were the same and they were.
      ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

Working...
      X