X

I am an idiot when it comes to wiring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am an idiot when it comes to wiring

So I installed my xm on my bike with a 12 volt adapter. I was wondering if anyone could give some instructions on wiring it so it will cut off with the bike so I dont drain the battery. I dont know much about the wiring, just the simple stuff. Right now I have it hooked up straight to the battery. A sticky would be great if there is one. I did a search and found many riders hooked it up the way I want to, but no instructions.

Tie it directly into the fues box with the headlamp. The headlamp is only on when the bike is on, or run a toggle switch and turn it off when not on the bike
    sigpic

Go Buckeyes !!!

Comment

Is there a thread on how to

Comment

I wired a Blue Sea fuse block to my Kat. At the time they weren't that expensive. It's powered by the battery via a relay which is switched by the tail light. 12V is only going to the fuse box with the ignition is on.

From there, I can power all my electrical goodies on their own fused line. I first bought the 6 circuit but that filled up fast. Now I have the 12 circuit and I have a couple spots open, so I have room to grow.

Here's a pic of my 6 circuit box.

How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Try this to make it a keyed power. Remove the right rear fairing. There should be a spare connector similar to the ones going to your rear signals there. It has a brown and white wire(I think). Splice into them properly and your on a keyed circuit. This is how I wired my LED's into the key switch. Hope that helps. 2 wires...

Comment

my LED lights are hooked up to the battery but has a cut off switch. it looks real nice. it came with the bike but looks like it was easier then cake to put in.
            99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
            06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
            06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
            lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

up under the front fairings by the front turnsignals there should be a brown, and black with white stripe pair that's generally not hooked to anything. this is the always on tail light circut, used for front running lights (3 wire turn signals). If the key is on, the brown wire has power, the black with white strip is ground. As long as your power needs are low, this may serve you well enough.
              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
              X