X

Undertail LED's... HELP!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undertail LED's... HELP!!!

Just installed my undertail and have run into a problem. After wiring up the led turn signals, they don't come on, and the front turn signals flash quickly. Whats going on? Do I need some kind of converter or resistors to make this setup work? Also, on the undertail, it has a right and left lead, but a common ground. The bike has grounds for each light, can I just combine them?
    [SIGPIC]

yes, led turn signals require a resistor (at least my integrated tail light/turn signals did). Yes, you can combine grounds (they all go to the same place).
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
      yes, led turn signals require a resistor
      ONLY to correct the flashrate, they should work regardless without resistors.

Comment

i kept mine blinking fast, i kinda like it.
        << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
        KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel View Post
          ONLY to correct the flashrate, they should work regardless without resistors.
          Ok. My integrated would not even light up (turnsignals) with out the resistors...no idea why, just the way it is (and they still flash fast)
          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

possibly wrong polarity? switch the wires and see if that works. still need resistor for fast blinking as said before. good luck bro!

Comment

O.K. I checked the led's in the undertail and they light up when tested so the lights are good. Purchased a dual load equalizer from Signal Dynamics and installed it tonight and led's still don't work. Had a single led laying around and ran it as a test light and it flashed just fine. Everything is wired correctly, so why don't these things work???
              [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by chaos00 View Post
                O.K. I checked the led's in the undertail and they light up when tested so the lights are good. Purchased a dual load equalizer from Signal Dynamics and installed it tonight and led's still don't work. Had a single led laying around and ran it as a test light and it flashed just fine. Everything is wired correctly, so why don't these things work???
                Are the LED's in the undertail a drop-in replacement for the bulbs that were there? (I don't have a 04-06 tail, so just guessing) If so, the polarity on the bulb sockets needs to be reversed, just cut both wires and splice in the opposite order. I didn't use the bulb sockets with my tail turn signals, but I did with my front and fried both LED bulbs until I figured it out.

Comment

Working...
                X