Opinion on LED signal markers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on LED signal markers

Hey guys-
    Bought some led rear flush mount signal markers the other day on ebay. Thought it would be cool to get rid of the stock signals in the rear. I got to thinking though, how much light can 5 led's emit? There are 5 led's in each one. Would these even be bright enough to see at night? I have the positioning on the fairing where they can be seen. But if they aren't bright enough, then why drill into my rear fairing? Just some last minute jitters on a simple project. These were what I bought:

Anyone have these on their Kat? Been fun on here learning from you guys so far. Now it is time that I begin making the Kat look mine! Thanks for the opinions.

LED "emmision" is based on two things:
    Viewing Angle, the angle the light emits from.
    MDC, the strength of the actual light.

In my experiance 10,000 MDC leds that should put out far more "light" then a 5wattt bulb did not because of the viewing angle and the array..

I ended up with over 6 LEDs. Now it might be possible that the LEDs were visible from a much longer distance but they did not appear to be as bright (loud). If you are going to DIY, you just need to play around and see what is best.

Comment

I used LED arrays - 25 LEDs in a 4" strip

myspace
      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

looking at the pic of the lights in my opinion you might want to get more lighting in the rear it just seem to me that 5 LED on each side will not be enough light to be seem it would not be wide enough because of the flush setting on the bike
        sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Thanks for the inputs guys. I decided not to drill my fairing just yet. I was afraid of them not putting out enough light also. Anyone have a brand/ type of LED rear signal they use that could be bright enough as a flush mount? I liked the way the LED's looked like on the sides of the license plate--it was unique which is what i am going for. I guess back to the drawing board! Thanks all!

Comment

Might try looking at some smaller kits from Joe Florida. Yeah, Umm.. No They aren't exactly plug and play for what you are looking for, but this, after all is about customizing things.

The Joe Florida lights are very bright. Having the flexability to install just one LED that would provide more then enough lighting for a single MC, even a large paper one, Gives you the ability to think where you want it. Plus most kits come with the adapters to be able to drill a single small hole and mount the LED in the direction you intend.

Tho the drilling part requires you to use your brain as to the angle to direct the light.

Something I cant expunge on without you being present.

Just make sure to put everywhere on the order/email "KatRiders Member" to receive your 10% discount.
            If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
            Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
            X