X

need wiring help on a 1990 katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need wiring help on a 1990 katana 750

a wiring thing would be great or if any one knows about them that can help me out that would be good also

but i did a frame swap and now i have wires that have no matchs dont know if its like that or if i lost the things they click in to but there are 2 infront of the battery holder and on on the side of the battery its a pink wire the other 2 are black i think with a white line going though them

also it would help if i could find out where to run the wiring harness

i know i should of took pics but i forgot and didnt think it would be very hard cause theres not alot of wires there

if any one can help that would be great thanks

Ok, How about some info to go along with your post for help? What did you have before year/model? What frame year/make did you swap to? Did you change the motors as well? What year is the wiring harness from? See where some info might help?

As for the two black with whites, those are grounds. The pink sounds like it might be Emission junk, But give us a bit more info, Maybe we can tell you what the pink is for.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I'd say its emissions. On my bike its just been looped over to itself.
      If something is hard its not worth doing
      1984 Can-Am ASE 250
      1989 Katana Race bike
      2001 Bandikat (bandit with kat swap)
      As the Project build continues

www.azkatriders.com

Comment

thought i gave all the info i needed

pretty much i took every thing from a 1990 katana 750 and put it on a 1992 bare frame

so every thing but the frame is from a 1990 katana 750 that was running and driving last year but had no title

i have a good idea on where alot of the stuff goes but some of the wiring is just a mess and i dont know where some stuff goes

and then if any one knows what order the plug wires go in that would help too when i pulled the motor i broke the old ones and didnt mark them and got new and now i dont know where they go in at

and then just to make sure what color wire goes on top of the coil and what one goes on the bottom? i think its like peach and white but i cant remember

Comment

orange/white to each coil, white to one coil, black/yellow to the other coil. if you want plug wire order or exact terminals for the colored wires i'll look at mine for ya tomorrow. just let me know as my tank and such are already off
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
          X