X

dang wires!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dang wires!

so, i'm riding home from work the other day... and as I go to switche lanes, I notice.." hey, my turn signals aren't working"... that's pretty craptastic (good thing they teach us hand signals!)... but then, my speedo and tac aren't registering either... oh frick!

i get home... check my fuses - my 15A signals blew. okay, easy fix... take out the spare, throw 'er in, start 'er back up... POP!.. fuse goes again... sumonabitch! now i'm out of fuses (and late for football practice).

so... i assumed that because i have a cracked turn signal lense (i know! i ordered new ones yesterday) that rain water got in there and blew the bulb, resulting in the demise of my fuses and sanity.

I rip out the connection, test 'er out... POP!.. oh crap... that was the extent of my electrical knowledge... so, i start fiddling, checking wires for melting and all that jazz... nothing!

the last wire to check was my other front turn signal... yeah, it was pinched... straighten'd 'er out, threw in a new fuse... TAAAH-DAHH!!!

yay for easy fixes!! (although i took the long way to figure it out... i'm a girl... we tend to wander about aimlessly... look at our shopping routines)
    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
    the last wire to check was my other front turn signal... yeah, it was pinched... straighten'd 'er out, threw in a new fuse... TAAAH-DAHH!!!
    I suspect you are going to have problems there again.
    yay for easy fixes!! (although i took the long way to figure it out... i'm a girl... we tend to wander about aimlessly... look at our shopping routines)
    I still think you figured it out faster then most of the men here..
    Some of use would be installing jet kits or something by now..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
      I was going to suggest a wider tire, but it seems she got it figured out already.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Ohh i thought that was typical man behavior....Need to replace a bulb...Hey what the heck lets put some new cams in as well....ya know no since in taking it all apart for just a bulb lol

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Changing plugs or cleaning carbs to find the problem as well

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I suspect you are going to have problems there again.
            i have a new bulb and wire that i can throw in, just in case

that's not just a man thing... as i was chasing wires down the inside of my fairings... i was thinking to myself.. 'i could soooo just rip 'er all apart and paint 'er right now'
            the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
            # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

you should thow the new wire in so u do not have this problem again.
              your suzuki qualified tech

flinstone little block mod

Comment

Originally posted by crazyboy68 View Post
                you should thow the new wire in so u do not have this problem again.
                i just got my new lenses today, so i'll switch 'em around tonight *thumbs up*
                # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

i just got my new lenses today, so i'll switch 'em around tonight *thumbs up*

You're repeating your self there!
                  :lamo

Comment

late for football practice ... i'm a girl...

Ummm Guys? are you sure you want to give this young lady a bunch of guff? Somehow I have the skerry feeling she might be able to whoop some serious butt.
                    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                      Ummm Guys? are you sure you want to give this young lady a bunch of guff? Somehow I have the skerry feeling she might be able to whoop some serious butt.
                      *gasp* who me? I would never do such a thing! tee-hee... *cough*
                      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

Working...
                      X