• Show
Clear All

• 98-06 Katana Light Bulbs Replacment List

Please correct me if I am wrong:

Headlight - H4 / 9002
    Tail / Brake Light - 1157
    Front Signal / Blinker Light - 1156
    Third Eye / Parking Ligh - 194 / 168

Also, can someone please list down the rear signal / Blinker Light replacment bulb#, I had been unsuccessful trying to locate the correct bulb.

Thanks!

~Long Live The GSXF !!!
    Last edited by GSXF; 04-12-2008, 02:15 AM.
    sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

I do know for a fact that my 2001 rear turn signal bulb, the one that has the amber colored lens, is different than the bulb from the newer clear lens.

I bought on ebay the complete OEM rear clear turn signals so I figured besides replacing the lens, I'll put the newer bulb in as well. Mmmm, no.

Ron Ayers is acting up right now (12:05 AM Pacific) so I can't check the specific part numbers when the years changed.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I know the tail/brake lights are 1157, the third eye is the 194/168 type, and the headlights are H4 or 9003 or HB2 depending on the brand, those all denote the same bulb just different standards. Also the dash bulbs are T1.5 LEDs if you're looking to do those too.

Comment

Bumped from the depths. Useful information.

Comment

Rear blinkers for the 98+ are also 1156. For the clear lenses you have to get an amber bulb. For amber lenses you can use the clear bulbs.
          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
          -Terence

Comment

According to superbrightleds.com (if you are thinking of replacing), it's better to use a amber bulb with an amber lens. The lens tinting already acts as a filter, having another of the same color isn't going to hurt things. Plus, if you get clear lenses later on, you're all set

Originally posted by brooder View Post
            Rear blinkers for the 98+ are also 1156. For the clear lenses you have to get an amber bulb. For amber lenses you can use the clear bulbs.

Comment

Very true. Just saying that OEM is clear/amber for the -05/06 respectively.
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

well, um, OK then.

Originally posted by brooder View Post
                Very true. Just saying that OEM is clear/amber for the -05/06 respectively.

Comment

And may I add that if you put the letters "NA" on the end of the 1156 or 1157 part number, you get amber. This holds true for many if not most automotive bulbs.

Comment

Working...
                  X