X

92 wiring harness question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 wiring harness question

So I just recently bought my Katana, its a basketcase but I wanted a project. Its been a few while since it ran so I'm starting with cleaning and repairing fuel system and the wiring harness has some issues.
    I cleaned the harness and fixed some wires. I have a couple of wires I'm not sure about. I got pics and I would appreciate if someone can tell me where these wires go.

The wiring diaghram shows this goes ground wire goes to the turn signal relay and someone else cut it off and added teh crimp connector. My relay doesn't appear to have a place for this wire.

From what I can tell, this one goes to a parking light. Again, someone else added the crimp connector but I can't find a place for it.

TIA
    dan

Hmm.. best advice i can give you at this point it check your service manual and start paying "follow the wire".
    If you don't have one there is one you can download on the forum. Just run a search for it.

But then again I am sure someone here will have a better answer soon

Comment

I've looked through the manual and I have a wiring diaghram in front of me. I know where the manual says they are supposed to go, but I can't find a place to connect them. Are these wires just "dead" on this bike or am I just not seeing where they connect?

The wiring diaghram shows 3 wires on the turn signal relay. The two wires in the connector and this third black/white stripe wire. My relay only has a place for the connector. What am I missing?

The other wire is a brown wire and is by the wires for the headlight and the turn signal lights. The diaghram says this one is for a parking light. Where is this light? Is this light even on a 92 Katana?

This bike wasn't running when I bought it so I don't know if everything worked or not. Somebody help a clueless brother out

Comment

if there is no place for them to go, it's a good chance they are for cali emissions crap. Therefore, they are dead wires.

Comment

There is an unused 12 volt "bullet" connector near the headlight/turn signal area..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
            There is an unused 12 volt "bullet" connector near the headlight/turn signal area..

Thank you. That's the kind of information I was looking for.

Comment

looks like some kind of sensor lead to me - I wouldn't worry about it if the bike runs

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Gulch Cowboy View Post
                looks like some kind of sensor lead to me - I wouldn't worry about it if the bike runs
                But it's not..

The guy is looking to understand more about his bike. Why is that a bad thing?

Comment

well 2 things the uk version has a couple of dead leeds that arent used in the american and the cali models as well
                  i would take a digital multy meter and go through the harness and check where the leeds go

Comment

The bike doesn't run but its not because of these wires. I know what they are supposed to be for, I have the diaghram and the manual. I'm just a perfectionist about things like this, I don't like loose ends - or wires.

If they don't go to anything on my bike, I can live with that and I'll just tuck them away. I am new to Katanas and thought there might be something I was missing.

Thanks everybody

Comment

Working...
                    X