X

Fuel Gauge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Gauge

My fuel gauge died! Is that just a fuse or something i can replace?

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Define died...

There is a connector from the tank to the gauge that actually goes into the harness around the side of the engine. Check that and the dash connections.

Comment

A friend of mines 98 750 fuel guge, bounces around all over the place. I haven't looked at it yet, to see what the problem is.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

there is also a float level indicator a "fuel gauge" inside the gas tank you can fix it, trust me, you can fix anything.

Comment

Mine went dead too. I just reached under the tank on the right side and wiggled the wire to the float an it has worked ever since. Real high tech, huh? Hopefully this will get u going for now.
          Warning!! Will ride at anytime for no reason.

Comment

If it drops to WAY past empty , it's the wires . If it drops to just below the red , and MAY move around a bit , it's probably the float . I've seen BOTH on my bike , and BOTH are easily remedied .....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Mine started reading off by about half a tank. After cleaning all the connectors and putting some dielectric grease on all the connectors, it started working perfectly again.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Yeah it is reading way way below the red....like the needle is laying at the bottom of the gauge....I've saw the plug from under the gas tank, and it's been unplugged and reseated and no effect....is there a connection bast the plug into the wireing harness behind the fairing?

Comment

check out the diagram..

You have to throw us a little help too, I don't even know if you have a katana..

Comment

yeah it is a 2005 Katana 600.....
                    I had just got a full tank of gas gauge was reading full then after about 2 miles i checked my gauges again and it was showing way past empty...been like that since...

Cant figure out where there is a problem in the wiring harness everything looks clean and good....and plugged in properly.

Comment

Working...
                    X