X

Battery Tender JR. question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Tender JR. question

Just bought a Battery Tender my question is.

Do I just attach the quick release adapter to the battery and plug it up? (red on red, black on black)

The directions say to attach positive to positive, and attach negetive to frame if it is a negetive ground system which I believe the Kats are.

Thanks!
    25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Quick attach is easiest, only because you can just plug it in in a pinch. Red to red, black to black, always. Just plug it in and go. It will flash red at first (I think, instructions notate this) and the flash green to show charging, and solid green when fully charged.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Thanks, so I do not need to attach negative to frame, just attach both leads directly to battery right?

Thanks!

Comment

Yes, just attach directly to the terminal. You can use the tender on the battery when it's not in the bike. That's what I do. Let me add, that RED is positive, and BLACK is negative. I just looked at my battery and the Positve (+) terminal is not red. I thought I would throw that in there for any future searches for this subject.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Yep... Thats exactly how mine is attatched. The quick plug is great. The Kat stays plugged in anytime that shes in the garage... Like now... Freezing out there in the cold garage.
          But that battery has got a nice full charge. and the Tender won't let it over charge.
          2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
          Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
          "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
          Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
          Veteran of the United States Air Force.
          "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Thanks Jax Kat!

Comment

Working...
            X