X

CDI -- ECU location

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDI -- ECU location

Cant find it and am just quite irritated to continue on a wild goose hunt. Quite honestly my eyes feel tired and I've probably been starring right at it. Its a 2000 600. Guys...help??!! Please!

Huh?

The coil packs are mounted on the frame, above the motor and under the gas tank.

The kats don't have computers....
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
      Huh?

The coil packs are mounted on the frame, above the motor and under the gas tank.

The kats don't have computers....

he means the igniton module or cdi or ecu the black box that controls the coils should be on tail section i think left hand side above the rear/ passenger footpeg
      Last edited by Sin; 12-31-2007, 05:55 PM.
      I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

I think he means the CDI, it's on the left side right behind the battery.

Comment

But its for the bike and its been referred to as the CDI or the ECU box...its quite expensive brand new. Its got a 3 prong clip and a 2 prong clip on the same side. Its black and is about the size of a deck of cards.

Comment

heres a pic item number 17
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Sin; 12-31-2007, 06:01 PM.
            I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

prefect picture Dave.

Comment

Damn , I was gonna say it's on the battery box , but it seems the 98+ is different .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yeah it's different, I'm trying to fab a 98+ CDI to fit a pre, wanna help

Comment

Metal strap (like what rednecks hang exhausts with) coupled with some rubber to dampen vibes , bolted to the battery box where there are already holes for it ..... Or drill/tap the frame to mount it where th 98+ does . You're using the 98+ CDI , yeah ? So it's probably not got the holes like the pre does , so you'll need something to slip it in , for sure . How does the 98+ mount ?
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

you see that rubber strap? it has a metal bracket in a U shape that slides into either side of the rubber thing, the a nut and a bolt go on either end of said bracket.

Comment

Found it and got it working...$23 on ebay. Now..on to other projects...

Comment

Hey there Arsenic1016 I used to work in a VW parts dept. in high school as a part time Job and if the mechanics had problems or got stumped on a certain item they would always end up at the parts counter looking at diagrams or asking the parts manager for the sulotion to their delima, right on dude!

Comment

Working...
                          X