Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

dual filament bulbs = integrated turn signals?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual filament bulbs = integrated turn signals?

i was wondering if they make a dual filament bulb for the rear of the katana so you could just wire up the turn signals and have integrated tail lights? just trying to figure out a way to fully get rid of my rear fender and turn signals without spending $130 on a fender eliminator kit.
    06' Zuki Katana 750
    Vance and Hines Slip-On

I chopped my fender for free! I purchased the Clear Alternatives LED tail light assembly with integrated turn signals. That wasn't the free part, but I really wanted an LED tail light, so it didn't really play into the cost of chopping my fender. I then removed the license plate and bracket, chopped the fugly fender off, then used the original license plate hardware to fabricate a new license plate holder. I know this is useless without pictures, so I will post some pictures up at my next earliest convenience. If you're at all handy, you can figure out a way to make it work with what you have. I have the brackets held in by drilling a small hole into the under part of the rear fender, with the bolt passing through to the rear of the tail light assembly. I inverted the orginal hardware, which has a perfect natural bend and fits up under the tail section. I then used some washers and nuts to hold the bolt on. It works great and was free (unless you need to buy some bolts, nuts, and washers). I promise it isn't that hard. I'll get some pics up soon.
    Anger Fuel Motion...Motion Fuels Momentum...Momentum Fuels Action...Do Something.

Comment

I'm slightly confused on what exactly you wanted to do about your turn signals. My chop worked perfect if you're going to buy the LED tail light with integrated turn signals. There really isn't a great way to mount stalks if you're still going to do that. There are other LED strips out there you can buy for turns, but stalks make things a little more complicated and may require that mounting bracket that Arsenic supplied a linked to.
      Anger Fuel Motion...Motion Fuels Momentum...Momentum Fuels Action...Do Something.

Comment

Working...
      X