katana 750 cdi question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
    Originally posted by md86
    Kinda , but not quite . Seems the stock pre is missing 2 of the connectors ....
    Missing connectors are probably the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) input and the speedo sensor input, since the pre-98 (pre-96 in Europe) didn't have the TPS and took the speed as a mechanical reading off the front wheel.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    to complicate things...
    the post-96 in Europe came with TPS, NO speedosensor, BUT 2 wired AND connected connectors "extra"

Comment

Once again, thanks for all the help.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back, as I drove down to florida for labor day weekend

For arsenic13:
      One of my buddies rides a pre-98 kat 750. I'll definitely check the stock airbox to determine if it'll fit beneath the tank for the bandit. If it does, then I'll definitely PM special K and go with a stock airbox. Thanks.

For md86:
      Thanks for the picture! Looking at it, it seems like the shape of the plug is the same. With that, now I can just look at my wiring diagrams to see the difference between the years to determine which wires i'll need to splice (or if i even need to).

For CyberPoet:
      Like you said, the bandit has a mechanical speedo and no TPS. So, when I get back around the house I'll check the diagrams in my manual to find out what the extra plugs on my bandit's cdi are for. I'll just have to go from there with determining how to run my wiring.

In general though, this project is really starting to make sense. It seems that with the right combination of parts, I'm going to nearly be able to just plug things in and go, which is awesome In the meantime though, I think I may post to a bandit forum to see if i can determine what those extra posts on my bandit cdi are for. I'll keep you guys posted, and thanks again for everything.

Comment

the Bandit air box is nothing like the Katana air box. I know what I would try, but that's going to take some trial and error. I see why the stock Bandit air box would suck large farm animal though The Katana air box might fit in there, I don't know I'm just looking at the fiche pictures. And why would you have to check if it fits under the tank, it doesn't go there?

Comment

I was just saying that I'll have to check the katana box to see if I can get one to work with the bandit. I'm not sure of the differences though, so I'm just going to wait 'til I get back into town to check it out. Thanks man.

Comment

Working...
          X