Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Front Directional Third Whire ('97 Kat 600)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Directional Third Whire ('97 Kat 600)

I was getting to know my '97 Kat 600 and noticed that my front directionals have three wires coming out, but one of them just ends and isn't attached. The bulb inside has two coils (5w/24w) The bulb blinks at 24w and the dead-end wire goes to the 5w.
    I know I just said a lot.

Basically my question is: Is that wire supposed to be attached and are the directionals supposed to glow at 5w while the bike is on? Has anyone noticed this on their bikes and done anything???

I couldn't find a wiring diagram for a 97, but all the years that I had access to only came with 2 from the factory.

My guess would be that you're not the original owner and that someone before you installed aftermarket front blinkers. My old 95 katana only had 2 wires and did not stay illuminated when not blinking.
    Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in their shoes...
    Then when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    -----
    2001 Katana 600

Comment

Three wire/two filament indicates the blinkers were replaced at one time, If you hook the third wire to a powersource, it will glow like a running light. I have them on mine. Just make sure to hook it to a powersource thats live only when the key is on and not controlled by a switch.

Two filament is just like your cars blinkers/brake lights, turn on the headlights and the big filiment illuminates but is dim, hit the brakes and the smaller filament comes on and outshines the bigger one. same applies here. Previous owner never completed the hookup for whatever reason.
      If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
      Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it
        Three wire/two filament indicates the blinkers were replaced at one time
        Thanks guys, you're right. They ones i have on there are after-market. I think I'm going to wire it into the headlight wires. Its the easiest 12v wire that i can find that i know for a fact is powered only when the key is on.

If any of you guys have any suggestions - feel free to tell me.

Comment

Working...
        X