X

No more bullet connectors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more bullet connectors

I finally found some connectors that I am happy with to replace those stupid bullet connectors to the turn signals. I tried the flat spade connectors, new bullet connectors, and not happen with them, either coming loose and disconnecting or hard to reconnect.

My solution is GM Weatherpack connectors. I bought them from Napa (only part store i found that carries them). Waterproof, and can disconnect them. I'm sure that some of you guys are aware of these connectors and they are by far the best solution I have found.

I have replaced the connectors going to the turn signals, and plan on getting some delphi connectors to replace the multi pin connectors under the tank.

The connectors supposily take a special crimper, but I just soldered the connectors on. Also I will post up the part numbers incase if someone wants to get them from napa.

The metal connecters(pins) are the most expensive at almost $1 a piece, so best bet would on ebay some people are selling these connectors and they say that they will customize a set, so you can either go that route or get a couple people together and get some.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

another source for these connectors is from a cummins dealer. However they are very expensive there. I priced one connector for both sides and it was going to be 50 bucks just for one male and female connector, so napa or ebay is of course a cheaper option, also jegs sells them as well.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Hell, just go to an auto salvage yard and "aquire" them

Comment

well with my schedule and the shysters around here at the salvage yards, i would rather buy them. My dad just fully disassembled a volvo semi, and I was going to scavange the wire harness, but some idots stole the harness for the copper.

Comment

I just cut some of that plastic shielding crap on my bullet connectores to make it easier to get them off . No problems in ....... LOTS of miles in all sorts of weather .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

You can get the prewired GM weatherpacks from www.Summitracing.com. These work good on the tank sender connector too.
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
            X