X

Do i need a jet kit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i need a jet kit?

Today i bought a full D&D exhaust system for my 97 kat 600, i was told that i wouldnt need a jet kit but i was then told i would, so could you guys tell me if i do, any way to set it up w/o gettig one, how much they would run and possibly the cheapest place?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

yeah i looked at those, just wondering if i need one.......and if i do stage 1 or 3, which is best?

Comment

Full exhaust , you'll want a jet kit . Kit will usually tell you what stage (you'll want stage one most likely) .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Stage one is all you can do, being you have only done exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by movieblaster
            Stage one is all you can do, being you have only done exhaust.

hmmm shows how much you know about engine performance your exhaust doesnt determine you jetting or carbs stage you can use a stage 3 jet kit on a stock exhaust your just not gonna get the full benifit of it . and why do you think that he can only do stage 1 with just an exhaust if he buys a stage 3 kit some kits do come with the filters so just saying you can only do stage 1 cause you only done the exhaust makes you look real ignorant.

on a side note the jet kit fred posted is for the 88-89 600 which are different from 90-97 its not his fault hes got a newer 98+ kat. but i would reccomend the factory pro kit or ivans over dynojet ive had way too many problems with them in the past and i live 3 blocks from then here in vegas theres only 3 guys in the whole place i trust to get a halfway decent answer from.

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              Full exhaust , you'll want a jet kit . Kit will usually tell you what stage (you'll want stage one most likely) .
              and yes i agree with md86 on this unless your really good at tuning carbs or have the money to have it tuned by a shop stick with a stage one gives good power and is a lil easier on gas mileage and drivablity.

Comment

If you are looking for a cheaper route to go because you may be a poor S.O.B., you can buy the main jets from Dennis Kirk for like $6 bucks for 2 (thats how they sell them) so just a tad over 13 bucks with tax if I rememebr right. And as for raising your needles, you can use small washers. Just the cheap way to do it is all
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

kit

Well i went and ordered a Dynojet kit today from the local honda shop( didnt know some guys ahve problems with them) and i got a stage 1.....all together this project has cost me around 450 and all i need to get now is a K&N filter and my bike should be set till i get another one , eveything should be here by wednesday and i'll have it all put on asap so i'll let you guys know how it goes and i'll post a few pics of my bike and such maybe.

Comment

Working...
                  X