X

7500 miles maintenace, Items needed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7500 miles maintenace, Items needed?

I know this subject comes out very often, but I couldn't find a list of item needed.
    I am at 6500 miles on my bike, and I am going to do the maintenance myself (first timer). I made a list of items needed, and I am going to place an order at RonAyer.com.

Items needed:
    - 4 NGK hot type spark plugs, item number CR8EK
    - Suzuki liquid gasket, item number 99104-31140
    - Suzuki driver tappet, item number 09917-14910
    - Carb sychronization tool (I am going to get CarbTune II from ebay $100)
    - Feeler gage (I got one from Sears for $7.00)

Do I need this items?
    - Hose fuel on, item number 44431-21E00
    - Hose fuel tank, item number77723-08F00
    - Fuel filter(I don't know the item number)

Also, I am going to get this item just in case
    - Cabel assy clut, item number 58200-08F00
    - Cable adjuster (I busted this one during adjustment), item number 57441-11010
    - Cable adjustment (I busted this one during adjustment) item number 57442-11010

Do I need to have any other parts on hand in case if I found anything needed to be replaced? I don't want to open the engine up, then wait few weeks to get some parts.

Thanks

One more question: Should I buy Hot or Cold type sparkplug?

You want some help? I'm not far and can help you do the maintence if you'd like. I've already got sync gauges, so I could even save you a little money.
    -Steve

Comment

Comment

You'll need an 8mm wrench for the nut on the valves, and I think a 17mm spinning the stator.

If the dealer doesn't have the valve adjustment tool a robinson (square drive) screw in a dowel will work in a pinch.

You're suppose to replace the stator cover gasket when You do the valve adjustments, I reuse mine a few times.

a new crush washer for the oil drain bolt
        Oil+ filter

According to the manual your fuel lines are good t'il next year, they have a 4 year service life as do the brake lines.

Your bike is an 03 correct? you are a year overdue for a fork oil change, the same for the brake fluid.

New brake fluid is easy and cheap to do (about $10).
        Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
          You'll need an 8mm wrench for the nut on the valves, and I think a 17mm spinning the stator.

If the dealer doesn't have the valve adjustment tool a robinson (square drive) screw in a dowel will work in a pinch.

You're suppose to replace the stator cover gasket when You do the valve adjustments, I reuse mine a few times.

a new crush washer for the oil drain bolt
          Oil+ filter

According to the manual your fuel lines are good t'il next year, they have a 4 year service life as do the brake lines.

Your bike is an 03 correct? you are a year overdue for a fork oil change, the same for the brake fluid.

New brake fluid is easy and cheap to do (about $10).
          Yes my bike is 2003, and I already did the break fluid change a month ago. Do I need to drain the oil when I don the adjustment? I have just changed the oil and filter less than 500 miles ago.
          Do you know the item number for stator cover gasket? Where does it go exactly?

Comment

how do you change fork oil?

Comment

Your good for the oil change then.

I don't have the number handy but if you look on the right side of the engine you'll see something like this

there's a gasket that may need replacing when you do the valves, you need to remove that cover and rotate the engine manually so you can do all the valves, otherwise the cams would be in the wrong position to do about half of them.
              Kyle

Comment

Working...
              X